My seven-year-old self is spinning with joy because Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is hitting the big screen next March. This gorgeous live action rendition is sure to be outstanding. Meanwhile, we’ve got a teaser poster and teaser trailer to hold us over. But that’s not good enough for me. I love throwing together Disney crafts for kids when we’re having a rainy day playdate so I came up with this enchanted rose craft to honor the upcoming release. This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these, I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Beauty and the Beast – March 17, 2017
As soon as I saw the teaser poster I was inspired to create a craft based on the enchanted rose. The original Disney’s Beauty and the Beast came out in 1991. I was seven. Belle’s passion for books inspired me to read and start my own library. This story is still one of my favorites and I seriously cannot wait to see it brought to life. This teaser trailer gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!
Disney Crafts for Kids – Enchanted Rose
This simple craft makes a great tabletop decoration and can also put a wonderful touch of Disney to your Christmas tree in the form of an ornament. This craft is ideal for kids over ten. Younger children will need help from an adult due to the smaller details needing scissors.
- Printable template (click image at the bottom of this post to download printable PDF)
- colored paper or markers
- cardstock or matte board (I used the thin cardboard backing of a notepad)
- clear Solo cup
- fishing line or dental floss (approximately 8-10 inches)
- pretty clear bead (optional)
For the rose petals:
- After printing the template, either cut the shapes out of colored paper or color in the template and cut them out.
- Cut on the dotted lines of each circle of flower petals.
- Wrap the [section of two] petals around a toothpick and tape in place as shown in the photo below. Tape the remaining petals closed by matching the edges to form a circle.
- Using a pencil or your finger, curl the edges of each petal downward.
- Tie the fishing line or dental floss to the base of the petals attached to the toothpick. Pull the string so it comes up through the center of the petals.
- Stack/nest the petal circles inside of each other putting the toothpick petals in the center.
For the Stem:
- Using the pattern on the template, trace the stem shape onto cardstock or matte board. Cut out and color.
- Be sure to cut into the square base so the stem can fold down under it.
- Color the end of the toothpick under your completed paper rose to match the stem. Align the end of the toothpick with the stem so the rose petals rest on the square base.
- Affix the toothpick to the stem by wrapping with tape.
For the “Glass” Cover:
- Using a sharp nail, poke a small hole into the center of the bottom of the clear Solo cup.
- Fish the end of the string through the hole and position the rose at the desired height.
- Tape the end of the string to the top and trim, or use a pretty clear bead as an anchor to keep the string from falling back through the hole.
VIOLA! You have an adorable Enchanted Rose to call your own.
Put it wherever you deem worthy. Have fun with staging and Snap a photo of it to your friends on Snapchat. Do a whole photo shoot and share it to all your social channels. 🙂
Here’s the template you’ll need to complete this Beauty and the Beast inspired Enchanted Rose craft. Simply click on the image below to download the PDF and print.
Do you like doing Disney crafts for kids?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.