PRODUCT NAME: Kinoko AHCC
- Taking AHCC has shown increased production of “T-cells” and natural killer cells.
- Shown to enhance the power of the seasonal flu shot.
- Currently used in more than 700 Japanese clinics as a standard preventative to reduce hospital-borne infections.
- One of the world's most researched immune supplements shown to strengthen a weakened immune system.
- Extremely safe with no significant adverse effects shown after 20 years of clinical use.
- Received the 2002 NutrAward for “Best New Evidence Based Products” at Nutracon.
WHERE TO BUY: At independent health food stores as well as online at www.yesAHCC.com. AHCC is also now available at Vitamin Shoppe and at most Whole Foods stores nationwide.
HOW IT WORKS:
AHCC has been shown to strengthen the immune system by increasing the number or activity of:
- Natural Killer (NK) cells – body's first line of defense
- Dendritic cells – initiate adaptive immune response
- T-cells – provide backup to NK cells
- Macrophages – clean up cellular debris
- Cytokines – activate the immune system
APPROXIMATE COST: $59.49 for 60 Vegicaps
My grandparents raised me and my grandfather is very into holistic healing. He takes a natural approach when it comes to treating anything that ails him. One of the products that I have heard him recommend to EVERYONE over the years is AHCC. He absolutely swears by this product. He has had quite a bit of prostate problems in the past and gives AHCC all the credit for any improvement.
I began taking AHCC myself about 10 years ago when I was experiencing frequent UTIs. I was getting them as much as twice a month. Of course, my grandpa insisted that I start on AHCC ASAP! I complained about the cost, but of course he came back with one of his favorite sayings: “You cannot put a price on your health”. That is very true. I can definitely say that I noticed an improvement in my health without a doubt.
Due to my extreme personality, I have a tendency to either be really health conscious or really…not so much. I go through periods of working out all the time, eating extremely healthy and taking all my vitamins and supplements and then the complete opposite. Unfortunately, for the past several months, it's been the latter. I do remain pretty faithful to taking my AHCC, though. That is one thing that I believe saves me when I am not taking the best care of myself.
My fiance has now been taking AHCC with me for the past 3 years. When I first met him, he told me that he would get sick once during the winter. Either a really nasty cold or flu bug, but without fail, he would get something. Well, believe it or not – he has NOT gotten his normal seasonal sickness since taking this. I can't even remember the last time he was sick. As for me – I still get sick here and there, but now for only 1-2 days as opposed to 4-7. Coincidence? Decide for yourself!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.