Smartbones Dog Treats
Buster, our Rat Terrier, has an addiction to rawhide. His world revolves around his dog treats… or at least it did. Product was received for review purposes and this post may contain affiliate links.
After a significant about of weight gain, we took him to the vet. They said he was at serious risk for an obstruction due to all the rawhide not digesting properly and clogging up his system. It goes without saying he had serious withdrawals. Poor guy didn't understand. We were really only giving him one or two a day but he was so thrilled to have them. He would cry and look at us with that tilted head like “why me?”
Then the SmartBones dog treats arrived. Buster's world was right again. Now our only problem is keeping him from eating the whole bag all at once. Sadly, he's a glutton by nature. But as long as we ration them accordingly, our vet is happy.
- SmartBones are 99.2% digestible, which is higher than the digestibility of premium dog foods! They are only 85% digestible.
- Chicken, vegetables and other healthy ingredients are used in making SmartBones.
- SmartBones are safer for dogs than regular rawhide treats, which may cause intestinal blockages.
- SmartBones are environmentally friendly
- SmartBones are available in Peanut Butter and Chicken Flavors. There is also a Dental variety with additional teeth health benefits.
- Four sizes of SmartBones are available based on your dog's weight.
All dog owners should be aware of how important chewing is for their pet. It helps clean and strengthen their teeth. But ingesting things that are not easily broken down can cause serious health problems. Dogs have the instinct to chew, so give them something healthy, or they will find something else to satisfy that urge. Save your shoes! Get SmartBones! 🙂
These healthy rawhide alternatives are available nationwide.
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.