I love to cook. The action of cooking and creating a delicious, healthy meal that my family can enjoy- something that not only feeds them but nourishes them- provides the ultimate sense of meaning to me. I instantly feel needed and necessary. To do this, I strive to utilize as many healthy ingredients as possible in the meals I create, so that they not only taste good, but ARE good as well. One of my favorite healthy fats to use is olive oil. If you use olive oil sparingly, it can provide some beneficial heart-healthy nutrients that our bodies need. I recently tried Carapelli's Premium 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make some awesome recipes that I had not tried before. I must say, they turned out beautifully. Product received for review.
Carapelli Olive Oil
The recipes I used were sent to me from Carapelli's kitchen, and I think my favorite was definitely the Quinoa Pilaf with Artichokes, Leeks, and Sugar Snap Peas. It was not only beautiful, but beyond delicious!
Quinoa Pilaf with Artichokes, Leeks and Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Carapelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1-3/4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained (if quinoa is prewashed omit this step)
- 1 cup diagonally halved sugar snap peas or shelled fresh peas
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth and quinoa; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar snap peas; cover and continue to simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until most of broth is absorbed.
- Stir in artichoke hearts; heat through.
- Top with pine nuts, cheese and pepper.
As you can see, this is certainly not a difficult meal to make, and Carapelli's fabulous olive oil creates a rich, smooth base for the quinoa that gaurantee to make your tastebuds say WOW! The 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a pleasantly robust flavor and aroma that you can smell the second you untwist the lovely green cap. This olive oil can be used for cooking, as I did, or is perfect for even simpler uses like marinades, dipping, and salad dressings! It's really quite multi-functional.
You can find Carapelli's Premium 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil online or in stores, and you can also visit their online site to view multiple great recipes, and even to get a $1 Off coupon for any 17 oz. or larger Carapelli Olive Oil! Grab some at your local store and get creative, and heart-healthy!
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.