Here is a recipe for frozen yogurt that is higher in protein. By using Greek yogurt and cottage cheese, this frozen treat will be a lot higher in protein than a regular recipe.
I decided to have fun with my Cuisinart ice cream maker once again. Since I struck gold with my Nutella Coffee Frozen Yogurt recipe, I thought I would give it another whirl. I had heard that people have used cottage cheese before, so I thought I would try that out, but keep the Greek yogurt, too. That way neither flavor would overpower. Both ingredients contain a nice bit of protein, so that's an added bonus. I am NOT calling this concoction healthy — there's too much sugar for that — but extra protein is still a good thing! In any case, these items are better for you than heavy cream and some of the other typical ingredients. If you have an ice cream obsession like I do, every little tweak helps!
Recipe for Higher Protein Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Here's what I used:
- 1 cup of 2% lowfat cottage cheese. I bought this huge tub at Costco.
- 1 cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt.
- 1 cup of skim milk.
- 1/2 cup of Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar. This was a tad bit too sweet for me. Next time I will use less. Adjust to your taste.
- 1 whole packet of Jell-o instant vanilla pudding. Switch up the flavors! I cannot wait to try more.
The end result was a tasty frozen treat. The pudding makes it extremely creamy and very flavorful. It had a tiny bit of a cheesecake-ish flavor due to the cottage cheese, I think. I thought it was delicious! It didn't last long, that's for sure!
Higher Protein Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 package Jell-o Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of Organic Cane Sugar (may substitute for sugar or other sweeteners, just adjust to taste)
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blend well.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Follow ice cream maker instructions.
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.