This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Easy pumpkin cupcakes can be quickly created with as little as two ingredients. It's a popular find all over the web – pumpkin puree + spice cake mix = the easiest pumpkin bread, cupcakes, or even cookies that you can imagine. I have tried this before using canned pumpkin, so I thought it would be a great way to put the Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree to the test.
If you don't have spice cake mix, you can do this with vanilla or white cake, too. Just add 1 1/2 tsp (more or less to taste) of pumpkin pie spice to the mix.
So why Be Carton Smart?
- Tetra Pak cartons are made out of 70% paper. The paper is created from regrown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council), making it a renewable resource.
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans.
- Cartons are space-saving, easy to store, and easy to open. No can openers needed!
- No preservatives added – the unique packaging preserves the flavor and nutrients of the food.
- The recyclable packaging results in 60% less landfill waste than cans.
- The cartons can be re-closed for later use.
Many foods can be found in carton packaging. I received the perfect Thanksgiving mix of products.
I am looking forward to introducing these products to my family this Thanksgiving. Now that I have given the pumpkin a taste test, it's safe to say everything tastes great from a carton!
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
What you need:
- 1 Box – Spice cake mix (or plain with 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice). I used Funfetti cake mix.
- 1 Carton – Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
Mix ingredients well. Fill cupcake tins and bake 19-23 minutes. Frost with your choice of frosting.
How can you be #CartonSmart this holiday season? Which canned ingredient could you swap out from canned to carton?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.