I am all about citrus this spring, and this cookie recipe packs a citrus punch. My quest to be creative using Lemon Oreos continues. What better way to use a cookie than add it to a cookie recipe? Is it extreme? Yep. Does it make an indulgent and decadent treat? Super yep.
Last time I went grocery shopping, I happened to notice Orange Sherbet cupcake mix. I love making cookies using cake mix, so I had to have it. I am sure the cupcakes are delicious, too, but that wasn't where my mind was at the time.
Orange and Lemon Loaded Cookie Recipe
Recipe idea came from Inside Bru Crew Life
- 1 Box Orange cupcake mix (15.25 oz)
- 8 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Cups crushed Lemon Oreos
- 1/2 Cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix everything except the crushed cookies and chips.
- Stir in crushed Lemon Oreos and chips.
- Roll into 1″ balls. Makes about 36 balls.
- Bake for 9 minutes. They will seem undercooked, but 9 minutes is all they need. Once they cool, they will become the perfect texture.
There's a lot going on in these cookies, and that makes each bite a blast of flavor. If you have a sweet tooth, this loaded cookie recipe is for you. One cookie and I am more than satisfied. Mike absolutely loves them, too. He said they might even be his new favorite cookie flavor. As much as I am a chocolate lover, I found the cookies to be a tasty and unique treat myself. We will be making them again for sure. Or, as long as the limited edition Lemon Oreos and Orange Sherbet cupcake mix are around! I must begin hoarding!
Do you think you would like this cookie recipe?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.