Pumpkin muffins with cranberry buttercream frosting. If they don't scream fall, I don't know what does. Here's a recipe to make all throughout the pumpkin season and into the holidays. This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins with Cranberry Buttercream Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted, but at room temperature, not hot
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Oil
- 1/4 Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
- 2/3 Cup Dark Chocolate, shards
- Muffin Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- With a baker's brush butter muffin pan.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add the pumpkin puree
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each one to be fully mixed before adding the last egg.
- Add the melted coconut oil, orange zest, pumpkin oil and orange juice.
- With the stand mixer set on low add the flour mixture, a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes.
- Check to see if muffins are done by inserting a toothpick in the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean muffins are ready.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool.
Cranberry Buttercream Recipe
- 1 Cup Cranberry Jelly
- 4 – 5 Cups of Powered Sugar
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Sweet Cream Butter Unsalted
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Flavoring
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- In a medium sauce pan heat cranberry jelly until completely melted, remove from heat and place sauce in the freezer to cool.
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment add butter, salt, and vanilla. Mix until peaks form.
- After cranberry jelly is cool add a little at a time into the butter mixture until it is all added.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. After each addition of sugar make sure it is fully incorporated into butter mixture.
- Begin adding whole milk a little at a time until you have the consistency you want.
Do you like pumpkin muffins?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.