My husband and I traveled across the world to become parents through an international adoption, and a few weeks later we were flying home over the pacific with our son. So, when Tommee Tipppee asked me to write a post about travel essentials for baby – I knew I had more than a few to share with readers, but I tried REALLY hard to limit myself to six. As a Tommee Mommee, I received compensation from Tommee Tippee for my post, all opinions are 100% my own.
Traveling with baby – Travel Essentials to Make the Trip Easier
1. Baby Carrier – I love “wearing” my babies. Baby carriers make getting through the airport and busy city streets faster because you don’t have to manuever a stroller, and they make me feel safer because I know my kids are (very) close. With our newest babe (2 months old) I like to use a Boba Baby Wrap. For my toddler, we have a Tula Carrier (in the toddler size). Side note: I often wear both kiddos at the same time, and feel like this carrier combo is most comfortable for their ages right now – we have used a ton of carriers though and like quite a few others too!
2. Tommee Tippee Accessories – With both of my babies, we used pacifiers from Tommee Tippee. When flying, the sucking helps little ears pop easier, making taking off and landing less stressful for all. It is also nice to have something to soothe the littlest travelers when you aren’t quite able to stop and feed or get them to sleep right away.
For our daughter, who just arrived a couple months ago, I found the Tommee Tippee Formula Dispensers, which are genius – they hold the formula, and fit just inside the opening of your Tommee Tippee bottles. This makes it easy to make a bottle on the go – and not have to carry around another container of powdered formula.
For my son, a toddler, we love our Filtered Water Bottle. Read my post about it here.
3. Lightweight Diaper Bag – I had lugged my fair share of filled to the brim diaper bags around before finding the Boken Diaper Bag – it is super lightweight, and seems to have endless amounts of space and many ways to carry it. We love to travel with it!
4. Somewhere to Sleep – We have a travel couple different playard type travel beds, but have lately been looking at buying the new Graco Jetsetter Playard – it is lightweight and carries in a backpack like bag.
5. Lightweight Swaddle Blanket – Even if you don’t swaddle your babies, a lightweight blanket is super convenient as a sun shade, cover if you breastfeed, something to keep warm, or even to catch a little spit up. We got ours from Eli+Ryn on Etsy.
6. Clip on High Chair – We LOVE our Ingelsina Clip on High Chair, read my review here. We just store the clip-on chair in the car so it is ready whenever we need it. It is especially convenient when we visit family and friends who do not already have highchairs.
My kids have many air miles racked up already, and we love to travel.
What are some of your baby travel essentials?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.