This fruit pizza dessert recipe just screams spring. It's the ideal dessert to welcome warmer weather. You can call it a fruit pizza or a fruit tart, but we're sure you'll also call it scrumptious. Add this to your list of desserts to serve at gatherings this season.
The crust is the perfect chance to use up leftover ice cream cones. You can mix up chocolate waffle and regular sugar cones to make a fun and unique texture, color, and flavor to the pizza. Use a food processor to crush the cones.
Of course, you can use your choice of favorite fruits as toppings. You can also add nuts, chocolate, or other toppings. Just keep in mind that the crust is sweet. I'd recommend sticking to fruit on the top. Plus, all the colors of the fruit makes it pretty.
If you're looking for other dessert recipes that contain fruit, here are a few suggestions:
Sweet and Colorful Fruit Pizza Dessert Recipe
Yield 8 Slices
- 1-1/2 cups ice cream cones, ground into fine crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Fresh fruit for topping: slice strawberries, blueberries, clementine segments, sliced kiwi
- Add ice cream cone crumbs, sugar and butter together and mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of a tart pan. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and half and half together with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread onto prepared crust. Top with fresh fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice into pieces and enjoy.
Where would you serve this fruit pizza dessert recipe?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.