Looking for leftover ham pasta recipes after Easter dinner? Try this asparagus and ham pasta skillet dinner recipe. Use up that leftover Easter ham in this delicious and flavorful skillet dinner. One of the best parts of holiday meals is the leftovers.
I never care if we make too much food on a holiday because then we have leftovers to look forward to. Leftovers are even better when you have a delicious recipe like this one. Most likely, you're a tad burnt out from cooking if you prepared a big Easter meal. An easy skillet dinner is an appreciated break. The pasta dish packs a flavor punch, so it's sure to please the family.
We don't eat enough asparagus over here. Anytime I can sneak some asparagus into a dinner is a bonus. The ham flavor is what stands out; and, thankfully, what distracts most veggie-rebels.
Are you looking for more recipes? Get some use out of your cast iron skillet. Use some ham for breakfast in this breakfast scramble recipe. A couple other skillet meals include simple chicken pasta recipe and ginger chicken recipe. Don't forget dessert. Here's a chocolate cookie cake in a skillet recipe.
Asparagus and Ham Pasta Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus chopped in 1″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add ham, onion, asparagus, garlic, and oil to a large skillet.
- Heat on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken broth and spices and mix well.
- Stir in pasta.
- Heat on medium heat until heated through.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Would your family like this asparagus and ham pasta skillet dinner recipe?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.