Spring, are you out there somewhere? We have a tasty dessert for you. This easy lemon trifle recipe is perfect for welcoming warmer weather should it choose to make an appearance. In any case, weather won't stop us from enjoying the light and fluffy layers of this lemon trifle.
You can make this dessert ahead of time, but keep in mind the cookies won't be as crunchy should you do so. The pudding and whipped topping will soften the cookies, but it still tastes great.
Trifles are a hit at gatherings. I get frequent requests to bring this trifle recipe to parties. I can't wait to see if they like the lemon trifle recipe, too. Lemon, to me, always tastes so light and refreshing. I love lemon desserts during spring and summer.
This parfait will be a hit at BBQ parties, pool parties, graduation parties, and any other time there are guests to impress.
The yellow color is ideal for a baby shower dessert when the gender is not known. You could even put some pink or blue sprinkles in the middle of this trifle if you're doing a gender reveal. Just a thought!
More recipes using Lemon Oreo cookies:
- Lemon Oreo no-bake cheesecake for two
- Lemon Oreo banana bread recipe
- Orange and Lemon loaded cookie recipe
Easy Lemon Trifle Recipe
Yield 12 scoops
- Mix milk and pudding together with a whisk until no lumps remain. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place 10 cookies into a resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1″ pieces using a bread knife.
- Place half of the cake into the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Add half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with half of the crushed cookies.
- Repeat the three layers.
- Once you finish with the whipped topping, add remaining whole cookies to the top of the bowl. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies.
- Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
==> You can make ahead, but know that the cookies will soften due to the pudding and whipped topping.
==> Scoop to the first layer of cake when serving. This will get you about 6 servings per layer.
Does this easy lemon trifle recipe sound tasty to you?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.