Coffee is a staple in my life. I drink it and use it in recipes. I don’t just love it, I need it. Sad, but true, I am totally hooked. I started drinking coffee in my early teens and have never stopped. A more recent habit of mine is drinking iced coffee. I enjoy delicious, expensive and calorie-laden icy coffeehouse drinks like you wouldn’t believe. However, they can quickly make a negative impact on both your wallet and your waistline. I was excited to hear that International Delight was launching a new light iced coffee. Time to head to Walmart to check it out!
Walmart on a Saturday can be quite busy and challenging to navigate through, so I was happy to easily find what I was looking for. They had a nice selection of the original International Delight, but only the Vanilla in the reduced calories version. I would have loved to try the mocha, too, but I will save that for next trip. Before I left for my shopping trip I found a coupon to shave even more off of this affordable price.
After the crazy trip to the store, I was ready to pour myself a glass of this low-sugar coffee as soon as I got home. At only 100 calories per serving, I didn’t feel one bit guilty. Normally I do not like to drink my calories, but since I have been regularly downing full-calorie iced coffee, this is an improvement.
Fun with Coffee Recipes
This drink doesn’t need any special treatment. Just pour a glass over ice and enjoy, but I wanted to play around with some recipes, too. I have been making Mike his favorite little trifle desserts quite often lately, so I thought I would finally make one with less guilt for me! Now… this is not guilt-FREE, but less guilt for sure!
Light Iced Coffee Pudding Parfait
- 2 tbsp International Delight Light Iced Coffee I used Vanilla
- 1 Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Snack Pack
- 2 tbsp Cool Whip Use fat free for even less calories
- 3 Reduced Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies crushed
- 1/4 cup Angel Food Cake chopped
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Whipped Cream
- Topping of choice optional I used Hershey's triple chocolate and a Pirouette from Pepperidge Farms. (Leave off to save on calories)
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Light Iced Coffee with pudding well.
- Cut up cake.
- Crush cookies.
- Layer ingredients in the following order: Cake, pudding mixture, cookies, cool whip.
- Continue to layer until you run out of room in your dish.
- Top with whipped cream and choice of toppings.
I also enjoy drinking this coffee drink blended with iced. Add a little fat-free whipped cream and it can save me a trip to the coffeehouse. My wallet and weight appreciate this. Making things at home is always the better choice! I am happy to have the options to do so without missing out on my yummy treats. 🙂
Make sure to stay in touch with International Delight by liking their Facebook page and following them on Twitter.
What is your favorite way to enjoy coffee?