When it comes to infant car seats, I was tired of carrying that thing around about two days in. So, I was so excited to partner with Britax to review a convertible car seat – and move on from that infant seat! I received a Britax Pavilion car seat in exchange for my review.
Convertible Car Seat for Small Cars
Secretly (not anymore!), I want a new car. So when the infant seat (and the convertible car seat we had planned to use) fit so snugly in the back of my car that you couldn’t sit in the driver or passenger seat comfortably – of course the best solution was a new car. My husband of course, thought the best solution was doing research on car seats that take up less space. So, I did that. I found tons of reviews on the Britax line of convertible car seats taking up less room in the back of the car, and I am happy to report – the Pavilion does! There are even inches to spare! (Dangit! I even had the car color picked out!)
Not only does it fit in my tiny car, but it has tons of (way more important) safety features. Here are my favorites so far:
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether – it is attached to the top, back, of the seat and allows you to tether the top of the seat down – if you were forward facing, this wouldn’t be a problem – but front facing, there is still wiggling of the seat if it is not tethered down from the top of the seat. I feel like my little guy is so much safer with the tether in place.
- Integrated Steel Bars – they make the seat feel sturdier, and reduce the forward movement of the car seat during a crash.
- Tangle-Free Five-Point Harness – seriously, the infant seat was such a pain to untangle the harness every time – this is such a simple, yet, helpful feature.
- 65lb weight capacity – that means I can be using this seat for a LONG time – hope it can outlast our wear and tear!
- It's like magic* – my baby falls asleep in the car in an instant!! (*True for me, not guaranteed to work for all)
Find out more about Britax and their car seats at BritaxUSA.com/car-seats. When deciding on a car seat, I knew Britax seats are safe – so it became more about dimensions. I compared the Marathon, Boulevard and Pavilion – and they all have the same dimensions – so they should all fit great in your *tiny* car too!