How to Cut Clothes to Look Like a Rock Star
The attitude style displayed by rock stars is one of super cool and put together without really appearing vulgarly casual. They are nonchalant about their clothes but wear it with flair. Even an old pair of torn denims looks good on their overall persona. Well, even if you cannot sing a note or strum the guitar, you can still achieve a rock star look. Rock stars look wild and rebellious and their fashion has evolved over the years. Generally, rockers wear a lot of jeans, T-shirts and mostly in black. You can easily achieve a rocker style without investing much by just giving your clothes a new twist. You can even use colored tops instead of just black. Here are a few tricks on cutting out like a rock star.
Go through your wardrobe and snip
- Sort out your wardrobe and get hold of T-shirts, shirts and denims. Choose colored T-shirts or even those with some crazy designs on them. You can also opt for the classic black if that is your choice.
- Lay the chosen T-shirt flat out on a smooth surface and with a sharp scissor, start sniping off one side of the T-shirt from beneath the arm and slant your way up on the other side. What you will get here is asymmetrical cut that will give you a bare sleeveless look on one shoulder side.
- You can even let a T-shirt hang off your shoulders by giving them a deep cut both back and front a few inches away from the neckline. This will create the hanging look which is not only rebellious but quite sexy as well.
- Create a rock star pattern on the back of your shirt by cutting out a rectangular piece from the backside. Fashion the rectangular by cutting them into strips of spaghetti straps. Sew them back one by one on the rectangular cutout in a criss cross look.
- Take a shirt and cut off the sleeves about an inch away from the shoulder parts. This will appear super cool especially teamed with denim pants.
- You can even cut off the bottom hem part of a T-shirt to give them the curled outlook which again will be a fashion statement the rocker way.
- Buy a great pair of denim jeans or use the one which you already have to create a new look. Lay out the jeans flat out and with a sharp scissor, snipe a small hole just above the knee. You can have holes on both sides if you want. Then give the new holes a sort of frayed look by stretching on the edges of the hole gently. This should appear natural and worn without the impression of having been just cut.
- Finally, when you have your ensemble ready, look out for some nice accessories that will enhance the look. You can wear leather wrist cuffs or studded bracelets without going overboard. You can even use magnetic earrings if you do not have pierced ears. For girls, you can add tons of eyeliner and mascara to create that smoldering, sultry look of a rock singer. Pull on boots or Doc Martens for the final touch.
About the author: Rebecca is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on luxury and wedding. Beside this she is fond of automobiles. These days she is busy in writing an article on summer fashion.
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.