Here is our blogging income report for October. I apologize that it's out so late. This month has been crazy busy in a good way. Since this one is so late, November's will be out shortly after.
Monthly Blogging Income Report – October 2016
These numbers are for cash received during the month. In my Quickbooks, I choose “cash basis” instead of “accrual” to get these numbers. So, it doesn't include work done during the month unless they pay right away. Many networks pay 60-90 days so money can come in from work done months ago.
October Blogging Income
- Sponsored Posts:
- Social Posts: $350.00
- Affiliate Income:
- Ad Networks:
- The Blogger Network: $21.23 This is probably the last month for them since I switched to Mediavine for ads.
- Marfeel: $7.28 – Mobile ads.
- Sidebar Widget: $300.00 – Paid in gift cards.
- JustSweep.com: $150.00 – My giveaway directory site.
- Shelley's Income: $1,135.00 – What Shelley made through the blog on her own.
Income Total: $6,727.61
October Blogging Expenses
- Photoshop/Lightroom: $10.61
- Apple iTunes: $31.73
- Virtual Assistant: $108.00
- ConvertKit: $29.00 – Newsletter.
- CoPromote: $49.00 – Promote social shares. There's a free version, as well.
- Easy Product Displays: $62.99 – Neat and organized way to display products. This is the yearly fee.
- GoDaddy: $16.34 – Domain name.
- Hostgator: $60.00 – Domain name renewals.
- ManageFlitter: $12.00 – Manage Twitter followers.
- Shelley: $944.00 – What I paid my sister directly.
- USPS: $13.45 – Cost to ship prizes.
Total Expenses: $1,337.12
Net Income: $5,390.49
Shelley works with some partners on her own and is paid directly. That number is reflected in the top portion. The bottom number is when I am paid for something she does, and I have to pay her. So, subtract her amount, and I am left with $4,255.49. Of course, I still need to pay taxes on that amount, and not all of it can leave the business bank account, but it's a decent number.
What I Learned from this Report
Since I started doing these reports, I am a lot more mindful of my spending. There used to be many times were I would purchase something for the blog and quickly say, “Oh, it's a write-off” or something to justify it. When I started seeing it all in front of me, I realized how much it added up. My spending is a lot better now. Well, at least for this month. 😉
If you post a blogging income report, please let me know. I'd love to read it, or maybe even link up!
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.