When we brought home our baby, we had a few nursery ideas. The first one on our list was making sure everything was safe – especially the crib. Cribs can be dangerous, if they aren't properly outfitted. Crib bumpers are the classic standard, but they don't really do very much to protect your bundle of joy. That's why I was excited to learn about the Just Born Fresh Air Crib Liner. I am participating in this campaign as a member of The Niche Parent Network & Conference. Although I received compensation and product for this post, all opinions are my own.
Nursery Ideas – Safety First
When we adopted, we did not request a specific gender, so I had no idea what to plan for. I had a lot of nursery ideas. I created a gender neutral space, but I knew I would want to change it after we brought our little one home. Now I am decorating again to celebrate our little dude and to create a space that is especially for him. The second time around I have the chance to implement my nursery ideas and make a space that works for us – here are my tips for preparing the nursery:
- Soothing, Neutral wall colors – Neutral colors are great. They make transitioning from a baby room to a toddler room so much easier! Just add some new bedding elements and wall décor, and voila – you have a brand new room.
- Multi-Functional Furniture Pieces – Using convertible cribs and dressers that double as changing tables means saving space, saving money, and having a piece of furniture that will grow with your little one.
- Safety Essentials – Don’t skip this part! Safety is tops when it comes to nursery ideas. Simple things like breathable crib liners, outlet plugs, and furniture straps make the space safe for your baby from the moment you bring him or her home.
- Make it Comfortable – There are so many nursery ideas that are not well thought out. Make sure you make the room comfortable for you and baby. You'll be spending a lot of time in there. One of my favorite parts of our nursery is the big rocker recliner we got instead of a generic rocking chair or glider.
- Diapers, Diapers, Diapers – Face it, this is really all you are going to wish you have more of when your baby comes. Whether you use cloth or sposies, they get dirtied fast!
Don’t forget to ask for tips on products and nursery ideas from other new mommies. Don't dive in head first. We got quite a few things just because we thought we needed them. I didn’t take the time to read reviews or research brands. One of these head first dives was our crib liner. We knew we needed to skip the bumpers and use a breathable liner, but the one we got was not very user friendly and not all that cute. The Just Born Fresh Air Crib Liner is a great product. It keeps our baby safe, and most importantly, it stays in place (even when I have to change the bedding in the middle of the night). It also comes in quite a few really cute color and pattern options.
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.