As a creature of habit, I cannot stress the importance of having a healthy morning routine. Getting into that routine can be tough to start. Good news though, if you can stick with it for a few weeks it will become a natural habit. I’ve been practicing the following tips for the last couple weeks and am already noticing more productive days. This post was sponsored by Thomas’® but everything shared here is based solely on my experiences.
7 Tips for a Healthy Morning Routine
- Set a timer for each task. I am really easily distracted so this part is key to keeping me on track in the morning. I find that setting a simple timer on my phone or using a kitchen timer works wonders.
- Have breakfast. We’ve all heard this a gazillion times. Which, in this case, means there’s really something to it! Having a good breakfast jump starts your body and gives it the energy it needs for the whole day. I love having Thomas’ English Muffins or Bagels in the morning. They’re quick, easy, and fun to doctor up.
- Thomas’ English Muffins – that crunchy outside and soft inside signature nooks and crannies are a long time family tradition in my house.
- Thomas’ Bagels – I love that they’re pre-sliced and have different calorie categories to choose from. Thins, minis, full size… there is something for all of us!
- Check out their Instagram for great recipe ideas!
Nooks ✔ Crannies ✔ perfect amount of butter ✔ strawberry preserves ✔ #ThomasBreakfastTour Come see us in #Chicago at the Shamrock Shuffle this weekend! @ThomasBreakfast will be in Grant Park at the Buckingham Fountain 4/3 with their Toaster Trailer! FREE toasted yummies! AD
A photo posted by ShelleyVanWitzenburg (@teenybod) on
- Workout. A quick 15-20 minute workout goes a long way. If you do this daily, you’ll rack up 100 minutes in five days. Which is immensely better than 0 minutes. I don’t always have time for a formal workout so sometimes I just blast good dance music and jump around while making my bed and getting breakfast ready. Anything to burn some extra calories and get that blood pumping.
- Get ready for the day. Whether it’s a quick shower or just getting a comb through your hair, try to look your best because it makes a big difference in how you feel and approach things in the day.
- Set your goals for the day. I like to do this before I go to bed at night, but I also like to go over all of them while I have coffee. I have a really hard time focusing, so this is crucial.
- Create a positive ritual. Count your blessings. Think of three things you’re thankful for. Or even just reflect on yesterday and find something positive you enjoyed. It’s easy to get lost in a funk of negativity with some of the stuff that floods your newsfeed, whether it’s Facebook, the TV, or radio. There is a lot of nasty stuff going on in the world. But there is an equal amount of greatness, so set your focus on the good stuff.
- Plan your lunch and dinner so you’re not tempted by fast food later in the day. I also try to do this for a whole week or month in advance but honestly, it’s usually a day-by-day type thing. But having some sort of idea as to what I’m going to eat for the day keeps me from grabbing high calorie garbage on impulse.
Chicago – Shamrock Shuffle
Thomas’ English Muffins and Bagels were at the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle with a giant toaster trailer! Seeing all the happy green runners reminded me of when I was once in a solid running routine. It inspired me to get back on that and build better habits.
The Toaster Trailer was a huge hit! You could grab a free Thomas’ Bagel or English Muffin, play the Toaster Slots to win prizes, and have your photo taken with a giant English Muffin!
Follow Thomas’ on Instagram for great breakfast recipes!