Cherry Chocolate Granola Bars
– 2 ½ cups rolled oats
– ½ cup chopped almonds
– ⅓ cup honey
– 4 tablespoons butter
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ½ teaspoon vanilla
– ¼ teaspoon sea salt
– ½ cup dried cherries
– ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350°F.
– Line a baking sheet with foil.
– Chop almonds and cherries.
– Spread oats and chopped almonds on the prepared baking sheet.
– Toast in the oven for 4-5 minutes, toss gently, and toast for another 4-5 minutes.
– Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
– In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
– Stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
Pour the butter mixture over the cooled oat and almond mixture, stirring until fully incorporated.
– Allow the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes.
– Add the mini chocolate chips and chopped dried cherries.
– Gently mix until well combined.
– Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
– Transfer the mixture into the pan.
– Use a spatula to press the mixture firmly to create an even layer.
– In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips'
– Transfer chocolate to a sandwich bag and snip off a small corner.
– Drizzle the chocolate over the granola bars in a zigzag pattern.
– Use a sharp knife to slice the granola bars into desired size.
– Enjoy your homemade Cherry Chocolate Granola Bars!
Visit the blog post for full details, tips, FAQ, and to print or save the recipe!
Get the Recipe!