Here's a cute candy cupcake recipe that you can fill with Cocoa Puff Mix. You can fill the candy cupcakes with whatever you like, but this mix is quite tasty. Fillable candy cupcakes are great for Easter, wedding showers, baby showers, or anything you can think of. Get creative with the filling to make them unique for your occasion. This post contains affiliate links to help support this blog.
Candy Cupcake Recipe Filled with Cocoa Puff Mix
Time: 1 hour
Yields: 6 Candy Cupcakes
- ½ cup Wilton Red Candy Melts
- ½ cup Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 cup Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- 1 cup Cocoa Puffs
- 3 tbsp. Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 3 tbsp. Pretzel Rods
- Complete the following step for the red, yellow, and light cocoa candy melts: A Wilton Candy Melt Pot is recommended to heat candy melts. If you do not own a candy melt pot, simply microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
- Fill 3 cupcake bottoms halfway full with light cocoa candy melts.
- Fill 3 cupcake tops halfway full with red candy melts.
- Take second piece of 2-piece mold and snap together. Some candy melts may spread outside of the molds – that is okay.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. Gently pop candy melts from mold, breaking away any excess candy melt. Set aside.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for the yellow candy melt tops (using light cocoa again for the bottoms).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Cocoa puffs, Reese’s peanut butter chips, and pretzel rods (broken in half).
- Add cocoa puff mixture to each cupcake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Play around with different colors and fillings and you can make these candy cupcakes for pretty much any reason. How about an edible birthday party favor? It's less waste because guests can eat the container.
What would you put in this candy cupcake recipe?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.