Upcycling, craft ideas and yummy summer treats all in one?! Yep. I was so excited to have the chance to work on this campaign for Frozen Kefir Probugs™. We have already been enjoying Probugs™ in our lunches but hadn’t tried the Frozen Probugs™ yet. They are a lot like the push-ups I remember from the ice-cream man as a kid but these are healthy frozen summer treats! The packaging they come in also inspires several DIY upcycling craft ideas…
What is Kefir?
It is NOT yogurt! It is a creamy probiotic dairy beverage. It is gluten free and available in 12 flavors in low fat, nonfat, whole milk, children’s (Probugs™) both low fat and whole milk organic, and low fat organic varieties under the Helios brand.
- Healthy Lifeway Kefir products are filled with more beneficial cultures than other fermented milk products.
- Digestion Aid Helpful in reestablishing necessary intestinal microflora (the good bacteria) that may have been destroyed by antibiotic or other medical treatments
- For Everyone an ideal milk substitute for infants, pregnant women, nursing mothers, patients recovering from illness and the elderly.
- Organic made with organic milk from grass fed cows, free of bovine growth hormones and antibiotics
- Gluten Free
- YUMMY 12 flavors and a variety of sizes
We purchased our Probugs at Whole Foods
DIY Craft Ideas
- Decorative Duct Tape
- Frozen Probugs Package (rinsed and dried)
- Sticky-back Velcro
Simply wrap your cleaned package with the duct tape and adhere the Velcro. Stick where ever you find a need to store handy tools! I put a couple on my craft cabinet and a few in the kitchen for dried flowers.
Another Upcycling Idea
My grandma has a fantastic greenhouse, but on occasion her animals get in there and wreak havoc. I was trying to salvage the remnants of a geranium that fell victim to her chickens and realized I could take clippings from the broken plant and start new plants. I instantly thought of the Probugs containers! The kids were thrilled to have to have another treat so I could use the packaging.
These worked out perfectly and once the geranium roots are established, I can just clip off the bottom of the containers and plant as is.
Disclosure: This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Lifeway Kefir but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #LifewayProBugs http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.