The more easy dessert recipes I have in my recipe box, the better. I love having options to whip up quickly in case people stop by, or we just want something sweet that night. Eclair Cake used to be a favorite of mine. I almost forgot about it until I saw this pin on Pinterest. What a delicious reminder. I decided to tweak it to make it banana-flavored instead. Since clearly, I have been on a serious banana kick lately! Post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own.
The ingredients for this no-bake easy dessert are items that most of us have in our cabinets year round.
Banana Pudding Eclair Cake – No Bake Easy Dessert
- 1 box of graham crackers – you won't use the entire box
- 2 – boxes of banana instant pudding mix
- 1 – tub of Cool Whip
- 3 – cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1 – can of chocolate frosting
- Beat pudding mix and milk well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers.
- Add a layer of pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips on top.
- Add another layer of graham crackers.
- Top with pudding mixture and chips.
- End with graham crackers on top.
- Spoon frosting into a microwave safe bowl and heat until pourable. Make sure it doesn't get too hot. You just need it melted enough to pour.
- Pour chocolate frosting on top of graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.
I used too much milk because I wasn't thinking. I followed the instructions on each package of pudding instead of remembering you use a cup less. That caused this batch to be a little runnier than it should be. It was still delicious, and everyone just grabbed a spoon and dug in. I want to experiment with different flavors of pudding, chips, and frosting. There are so many possibilities!
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.