This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Uricalm for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Bladder pain is something you know well if you have ever had a bladder infection or UTI. Unfortunately, I am prone to all things horrid when it comes to the urinary tract system. Attractive, I know. I have kidney stones and the whole works. Knowing this, I keep my cabinets stocked with items for bladder health and UTI pain relief. Seriously, doesn't it seem like a UTI will strike at the worst possible time? Like on a weekend or during a vacation. Any time that you cannot get a doctor appointment right away. At least in my case, that's always how it has been. It's times like these that you need some immediate pain relief. That in-between time before you can see your doctor and get on some meds.
Fact: Up to half of all women will experience a painful urinary tract infection in their lifetime. 20% will experience recurring UTIs, getting as many as 3 per year.
Things I Do To Help Bladder Pain
- Keep a food diary – I am so sensitive when it comes to food it's ridiculous. I am starting to notice a pattern with certain foods that cause me to have bladder pain. It's not an infection, just bladder inflammation or something that irritates me enough to notice it. Surprisingly, yogurt is a biggie on my list. Super bummer.
- Drink water – Drinking a lot of liquids is obvious, but make that liquid water. I try to drink at least a gallon per day.
- Limit caffeine – Yes, this is painful. My morning coffee is non-negotiable, but I try to stay away from pop and other caffeine-loaded food and drinks.
- URICALM® Cranberry – Stock up on this daily cranberry supplement that helps support your urinary tract health*. Uricalm Cranberry with D-Mannose combines the power of cranberries and D-mannose – both shown in studies to help support a healthy urinary tract* — into a delicious, berry-flavored chewable tablet. Like with everything in your medicine cabinet, please make sure to read and follow all label instructions before using.
- URICALM® MAX – Another item to keep in your medicine cabinet. Should a UTI strike, Uricalm MAX Pain Tablets work directly at the site of the pain with 99.5 mg of clinically proven phenazopyridine hydrochloride — the highest dose you can buy over-the-counter. No other OTC UTI pain medicine has more. Take this to alleviate the pain until you can see your doctor.
URICALM products are available at Rite Aid, Kroger, and HEB and in select Walmart and CVS Pharmacies nationwide. You can get a $3.00 coupon to try Uricalm MAX and Uricalm Cranberry for yourself at Uricalm.com *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.