Allergy season is here and many of us are already struggling. Thanks to my partnership with Angel Soft, I have some survival tips to share with you. This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own.
I have seasonal allergies and I am also allergic to my dogs. As I type this I have itchy eyes, nasal congestion and a foggy head. Angel Soft® sent me a wonderful care package to help ease my suffering. The Angel Soft® toilet paper that we all know and love now comes in a facial tissue. The quality and value of the product makes it ideal for everyday use. They even offer multiple carton designs to match your home decor.
10 Tips to Help Survive Allergy Season #SneezingTime
- Keep the windows closed. This is difficult to do after the longest winter ever. We definitely like to get some fresh air into the house and air it out, however, that also lets all the nasty outdoor allergens in. I usually feel awful and end up putting the A/C on if we are warm.
- Use essential oils. Peppermint and eucalyptus are my favorite essential oils for allergies. Dab a tiny bit on your wrists, or use a mister for your home to diffuse the oils.
- Drink herbal teas. Once again, peppermint is a great choice when it comes to tea. Let the steam soothe your sinuses and the tea warm your body.
- Clean more often. The less allergens loose in your house, the better. If you can get an air purifier, that can be helpful, too.
- Use a cold compress. If your head feels clogged and sinuses stuffed, try to place a cold compress or rag on your head. Personally, I feel like I have a fever all the time. I don't run a temperature, but I just have that sick feverish feeling. The cold can really help this.
- Buy local honey. I have recently been told that purchasing honey from your own state can help boost immunities to your local pollen allergens. It must be locally farmed near you.
- Change your filters. Make sure to change your furnace filters and any filters that your vacuum might have. Having dirty, allergen-filled filters can be counter-productive while you clean.
- Apply Breath Right Strips. These strips are for more than snoring. Open your nose to relieve relieve nasal congestion and to help you breathe and sleep better.
- Blow your nose properly. If your child has trouble learning how to really blow their nose, play a fun game. This is really funny, but it can be hard to learn!
- Stock up on Angel Soft® Facial Tissue. Angel Soft® Facial Tissue comes in both lotion and non-lotion options. The lotion tissue is made with three layers and the non-lotion is made with two. Each option provides the softness and strength that your stuffy nose needs.
Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Do you have any tips to share?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.