These strawberry cake mix cookies are packed with flavor and a pretty pink color. Making strawberry cookies from cake mix and gelatin is quick and easy.
These tasty bites are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, or even Christmas if you color the drizzle green. Any time you’d like a colorful pink dessert, these cookies are a great choice.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
If you’d like a nice and chewy cookie for Valentine’s Day, give these strawberry cake mix cookies a try. Using cake mix and gelatin mix really shaves a lot of time off of baking. This recipe is ideal for a fun and last-minute treat.
This recipe for strawberry cake mix cookies is even quicker to make if you skip the drizzle and simply fold in the white chocolate chips. It’s very easy to modify this recipe to work for you!
Strawberry Cookies Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this easy cookie recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Box of yellow cake mix. Gluten-free cake mix will also work if you want to make gluten-free cookies.
- Strawberry Jell-O. A small box of strawberry gelatin mix.
- Cream cheese
- White chocolate chips
How to Make Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix
Step One: Prepare
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Step Two: Make the Dough
Add the cake mix, strawberry gelatin mix, softened butter, softened cream cheese, and egg to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand or
Step Three: Scoop and Bake
Scoop tablespoons of dough out and shape them into balls. Place the dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten them slightly using your palm or the bottom of a glass.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
Step Four: Reshape (Optional)
If you’d like to create a perfect(ish) circle cookie, use the round ring of a mason jar lid, a circular cookie cutter, or the rim of a large glass to place over the still-warm cookie.
Swirl the object around the cookie while it’s still warm from the oven to reshape it. This method will only work while the cookies are still soft and hot from the oven.
Once all the cookies are reshaped, use a spatula to carefully transfer each cookie to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Step Five: Make the Drizzle (Optional)
Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl by heating on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
Place the melted white chocolate chips into a sandwich bag and snip the tip off of a corner to drizzle. Use a back and forth pattern to create the drizzle over the top of each cookie.
Step Six: Serve
Serve and enjoy!
Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix Recipe Notes and FAQ
If you want to skip the drizzle.
Instead of adding the white chocolate drizzle, you can fold the white chocolate chips into the batter if you choose.
Alternate ideas for the white chocolate drizzle.
Color the white chocolate different colors for different themes and holidays. Create a rainbow drizzle for a unicorn party, color it green for Christmas, get creative and have fun with it!
- 1 17 oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 3 oz small box strawberry jello
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, strawberry jello mix, softened butter, softened cream cheese, and egg. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to mix everything together.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and roll it into balls. Place the balls on an ungreased baking sheet and use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a flat glass to gently flatten them.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Once the cookies are out of the oven, use a circular cookie cutter, the rim of a large glass, or the circular ring of a mason jar lid to reshape them into circles. This method only works when the cookies are soft and fresh out of the oven, so be sure to work quickly.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- To add a white chocolate drizzle, microwave some white chocolate chips on 50% power in a microwave-safe bowl until they're melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Transfer the melted chocolate to a sandwich bag, snip off a small corner, and drizzle the chocolate over the top of each cookie in a back and forth pattern.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Easy Cookie Recipes
Valentine’s Day Desserts
Pin this image to your dessert board to save and share!
Love desserts? Be sure to subscribe to the blog, so you don’t miss a recipe.
Let me know if you try these easy strawberry cake mix cookies!