The next time you can’t decide between brownies and cookies, don’t. Make cookies with brownie mix. Brownie mix cookies are chewy and delicious and easy to whip up when the craving strikes.
Whether you’re looking for Christmas cookie recipes or just in the mood to bake, be sure to save this brownie mix cookie recipe to your list.
Cookies Made with Brownie Mix
I’ve always loved cake mix cookies, so it’s only natural to try brownie mix cookies, as well. Anything that starts with a box feels like a shortcut, right? Well, I’m happy to report that brownie cookies from a box are a delicious success.
Fun fact: I wanted to call these brownie batter cookies “Brookies” but those already exist! After a Google search I learned that brookies are a mashup of a brownie and a cookie, but they look like a brownie. Yum. So many desserts out there to still try!
Brownie Mix Cookie Ingredients
(See recipe card below for measurements)
- Brownie Mix
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil
Brownie Cookies Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, baking soda, and flour.
Add the eggs and vegetable oil and combine with an electric mixer.
Gently stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Use a small cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls.
Place the brownie cookie dough balls evenly apart on the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
Cool for at least 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Enjoy your scrumptious brownie mix cookies!
Brownie Mix Cookie Recipe Tips and FAQ
My brownie mix cookies don’t look done.
These brownie mix cookies will look underdone when they are cooked properly. They set as the cool. Do not overcook or they will be hard.
Can I freeze brownie mix cookie batter?
Yes, you can freeze the batter for brownie mix cookies like you would other cookie dough. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place into a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet by lining with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, baking soda, and flour.
- Add the eggs and vegetable oil and use an electric mixer to combine until fully incorporated.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form small cookie dough balls. Place them evenly apart on a baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
These cookies will look underdone when they are cooked properly, they set as they cool. Do not overcook or they will be hard.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Brownie Recipes to Try
Easy Cookie Recipes
- Stained-glass window cookies
- Red velvet crinkle cookies
- Chocolate pretzel cookies
- Dark chocolate mocha fudgy brownies
Pin to save forever!
Sign up for the blog newsletter for more easy recipes.
Tag me in your recreations if you try this brownie mix cookie recipe!