For the chocolaty-est chocolate lover, here is a chocolate marshmallow brownies recipe.
With OREO cookies and M&M candies, this recipe is packed with chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Candy and Marshmallow Easter Brownies
The marshmallows add to the sweetness to destroy the cravings of the sweetest of sweet tooths (sweet teeth?).
Here we show the Spring or Easter colored M&M candies.
Of course, change them up depending on the holiday or season.
You could also use Peeps instead of regular marshmallows if you’d like an Easter explosion brownie.
Serve this brownie recipe for Easter brunch or any spring gatherings.
They are rich enough to please any dessert-lover, so bring them to all sorts of occasions.
Experiment with different cookie and candy varieties to create unique flavor combinations.
Cut these brownies into smaller slices if you choose.
They are indulgently sweet, so the portions should be smaller than your average brownie.
Recipe notes and FAQ
Do marshmallows burn in the oven?
Don’t top your brownies with marshmallows before baking unless you want marshmallow goo on top of your brownies. They will melt in the oven. That’s why we only put them back in the oven for a short time.
Can I use milk instead of water for brownies?
Yes. Using milk instead of water will make the brownies more rich.
What is the best brownie mix?
The Spruce Eats ranked Ghirardelli Chocolate Triple Fudge Premium Brownie mix as the best overall, while Betty Crocker Delights Triple Chunk Supreme Brownie Mix took best value.
Why do brownies crack?
If your brownies are cracked and sunken in the middle, you stirred the batter too much. Over mixing adds too much air to the batter.
- 1 box large size (18.3 oz) brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup crushed OREO cookies, divided
- 1/2 cup M&M candies
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water into a mixing bowl and mix well. Stir in 1 cup OREO cookies. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows. Return to oven for 5 minutes for marshmallows to puff up.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining OREO cookies and M&M candies. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Makes 20-24 brownies.
==> Change the colors of M&M candies to fit any season.
==> Switch up the flavor of OREO cookies for different variations.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Want more recipes for brownies? Try these:
- Peanut butter poke cake brownies
- Gluten-free black bean brownies
- Pistachio and avocado brownies
- Chocolate brownie trifle
Do you think you’d like this chocolate marshmallow brownies recipe?