If you like to try fun and unique cookie recipes, I do believe these banana split cookies fit the bill. These cookies are packed with ingredients to include a blast of flavor in each bite.
With cake mix, banana pudding, cherries, and more, these cookies are far from boring. If you know someone who loves banana splits, be sure to share this recipe with them.
Banana Split Cake Mix Cookies
I just love cake mix cookies and cookie recipes that include pudding mix. This banana split cookies creation combines both.
There’s a lot going on in this colorful dessert recipe. It’s sure to satisfy the sweetest of sweet teeth. Add them to your next super happy celebration for an exciting addition to the dessert table.
Banana Pudding Cookies Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this dessert recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- White cake mix
- Banana instant pudding
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Maraschino cherries
Banana Cherry Cookies Directions
Get ready by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Sift the cake mix and the pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. The dough will be thick and this is normal.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Gently fold in the maraschino cherries and sprinkles.
Scoop out tablespoon-sized dough balls. Each ball of dough should be about the size of a golf ball.
Place the dough onto a baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
Bake for 10-13 minutes.
Let the banana split cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Loaded Cookies Recipe Notes and FAQ
You can use Funfetti cake mix.
You can use Funfetti or a confetti cake mix instead of plain white and skip the sprinkles if you’d like.
Can I use vanilla pudding?
You can swap the banana pudding for vanilla and just call these birthday cake cookies if you’d like.
- 15.25 oz white cake mix, 1 box
- 5.1 oz banana instant pudding, 1 box
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift cake mix and pudding mix into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth (dough will be thick).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Gently fold in cherries and sprinkles (you can use a Funfetti cake mix and then skip the sprinkles).
- Scoop out dough by the tablespoon and round into a ball. Each dough ball should be about the size of a golf ball.
- Place on baking sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More fun cookie recipes to try:
- White chocolate pistachio kiss cookies
- Easy red velvet cookies
- Chocolate caramel pretzel cookies
- Sparkly unicorn poop cookies
- Mint chocolate chip Grinch cookies
Pin this image to your party dessert board to save and share!
If you like colorful party desserts like this one, be sure to subscribe to the blog.
Let me know if you try these banana split pudding cookies. I’d love to hear how they turned out for you!