It’s time that unicorn poop cookies take their rightful spot on our site. Our mascot is a unicorn, after all, and he deserves some recipes devoted to him.
These sparkly and colorful treats are fun to make for unicorn birthday parties or even Christmas cookies.
Whoever the unicorn lovers are in your family, they are sure to appreciate these delightful little sweets.
Unlock Kitchen Sorcerer Status with Unicorn Poop Cookies
The popularity of all things magical doesn’t seem to be slowing down, and that pleases us greatly.
Shelley and I both have loved mystical creatures for our entire lives. Looking for the magic is even more critical during adulthood.
Although my inner 8-year-old is clapping with glee over these cookies, so is my current, ahem, much older self.
Unicorn poop cookies might not be the most enticing name, but people love them all the same. <== Rhyming super intentional.
Using a sugar cookie type dough and a chocolate kiss, you can rest assure that these desserts are delicious.
The cream cheese in the dough makes the cookies extra soft and moist.
It’s important to note that the sparkle gel used here doesn’t seem to set or completely dry. Be mindful of that while serving and eating.
The cookies always feel a bit tacky.
You can try air drying longer to see if that helps, but they usually don’t last that long!
More fun and celebratory cookies to make
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar, white
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 20 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Wilton sparkle gel in white
- rainbow sprinkles
- rainbow heart sprinkles
- Colors for the Dough
- Americolor Soft Gel Paste in 122 Violet
- Americolor Soft Gel Paste in 114 Pink
- Americolor Soft Gel Paste in 107 Lemon Yellow
- Americolor Soft Gel Paste in 103 Sky Blue
- Add butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 3-5 minutes until butter and sugar mixture is fluffy. Add cream cheese and beat well. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add salt and flour and beat until combined well. Divide dough into 4 separate bowls.
- Color each bowl of dough a different color. Mix well to combine colors. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Create a space to roll the dough. Cover the space generously with flour. You may also cover your hands with flour to help roll the dough.
- Remove from refrigerator and grab a small chunk from each color of dough and roll them into 3-4" long "snakes." Stack colored snakes together and twist to blend snakes together. Curl open ends around to join each other and gently press together. Place onto prepared baking sheet, 2" apart.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. When cookies are done baking, immediately place a Hershey kiss onto the center of each cookie, gently pressing it into the dough. Let cool completely.
- Use a small brush to spread color gel onto each cookie. Sprinkle cookies with sprinkles.
Colors used are listed in the ingredients. Of course, feel free to play around with your favorite colors.
If you have problems rolling the dough:
It's important to let the butter and cream cheese firm up a bit before you try to roll the dough.
You might need to use a more generously floured board/space to roll.
Flour is a tricky thing - I often weigh mine. Use 5 ounces for 1 cup of flour to get the most accurate measurement. If you pack the flour into a measuring cup, it will hold about 1-2 ounces more.
When you pull the dough out of the bowls that were in the fridge, make sure it's not sticky. If it's sticking to your hands, flour your hands and the surface before rolling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 13gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More unicorn recipes to make
Please subscribe for more recipes like this and be sure to share with your friends.
Make these cookies for a fantastical surprise or include the family in the decorating fun.
Come back and let us know if you give them a try.
We’d love to read your comments about the unicorn poop cookies!