Colorful unicorn ice cream is easy to make and sure to bring all the smiles to your yard.
This is an extremely simple rainbow ice cream recipe that is no-churn, so no ice cream maker needed.
Quick and Easy No-Churn Unicorn Ice Cream
If you’re planning a unicorn party, themed birthday bash, baby shower, or any other event where colorful ice cream fits, be sure to give this post a pin.
This ice cream is very sweet and every color tastes the same.
In the future, I plan get creative and use other flavorful ingredients to make the colors.
For now, this ice cream recipe is perfect if you need quick and easy.
If you’re anything like me, you need quick and easy quite often. 😉
Unicorn Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can, 14 oz, sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink, Orange, Yellow, and Blue food coloring
- (I used Neon Pink, Neon Blue, and regular Yellow food coloring. To make the orange, I used a ratio on the box of the food coloring: 4 drops yellow to 1 drop red. I did this four times to get the desired orange color.)
- 6 tablespoons rainbow jimmies
- Additional sprinkles for serving
- Ice cream cones
Unicorn Ice Cream Directions
Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract to a mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
Add sweetened condensed milk and continue to whisk for one more minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through the mixing.
Divide the mixture into separate bowls.
Use a larger bowl to keep more white ice cream.
Use four smaller bowls to make pink, orange, yellow, and blue.
Add food coloring to each of the small bowls and mix well.
Add 2 tablespoons of rainbow jimmies to the white mixture and stir well.
Add 1 tablespoon of rainbow jimmies to each of the colored bowls and stir well.
Place a layer of white ice cream mix into a loaf pan.
Add dollops of the colored mixtures on top of the white.
Swirl with a knife after each layer.
Tamp the dish and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Serve topped with additional rainbow sprinkles.
Notes: Sprinkles used here are standard rainbow jimmies in the mix.
Cake Mate Unicorn Love Sprinkles are the topping on the cone.
More Unicorn Dessert Recipes:
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes:
- Add whipping cream and vanilla to a mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and continue to whisk for one more minute, scraping down sides of the bowl halfway through the mixing.
- Divide mixture into separate bowls. Use a larger bowl to make more white ice cream and four smaller bowls for pink, orange, yellow, and blue.
- Add food coloring to each small bowl and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of rainbow jimmies to the white and 1 tablespoon of rainbow jimmies to each color. Mix Well.
- Place dollops of mixture into a loaf pan, swirling with a knife after each layer. Tamp the dish and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with unicorn sprinkles.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only and will change depending on the amount of sprinkles and toppings you use.
Serving Size:12 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 57mg Carbohydrates: 24g Sugar: 23g Protein: 3g
Do you have any unicorn parties planned this year?
Where else will you serve rainbow ice cream as a dessert?