OREO bark is a delicious recipe to make during the holidays. This easy candy recipe is perfect for Christmas dessert tables, homemade gifts, or tasty treats to add to your candy dish.
This bark candy is decorated for the holidays, but it’s so easy to modify to fit any theme throughout the year. This easy candy recipe is ideal for anyone looking to make stress-free goodies.
Easy OREO Bark Candy for the Holiday Season
I’ve said it before, but I think bark candy might be one of my favorite things to make. It’s so easily tweak-able that it’s basically a stress-free activity — possibly even stress-relieving. The swirling, the cracking, and the decorating are all quite therapeutic activities.
In this candy bark, we are sealing our favorite cookies and candies into chocolate. Get your sweet teeth out and get ready to have some fun in the kitchen.
OREO Bark AKA Christmas Crack Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this easy holiday candy. The measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
- Meltable white chocolate
- OREO cookies
- Red and green M&Ms
Holiday Bark Candy Directions
Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
Break up OREO cookies into quarters and thirds. Use about 25 OREOS depending on your preference. Place the pieces into a bowl and set aside.
Place 8 ounces of white candy melts or another meltable white chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl.
Add the rest of the white chocolate to a large, microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second intervals. Stir the chocolate after each round until it’s fully melted and smooth.
Add the OREO pieces to the large bowl of melted chocolate and stir gently to coat.
Scoop the melted chocolate with coated OREOS onto the baking sheet and spread evenly.
Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate that you previously set aside in 30-second intervals until smooth.
Break up about 4-5 more OREOS into coarse pieces for the topping.
Pour about 7 ounces of the melted chocolate over the top of the mixture that’s on the baking sheet. Spread evenly.
Add the broken OREO pieces to the top of the bark and sprinkle on the M&Ms.
Drizzle the remaining amount of melted chocolate on top of the cookies and candies.
Set the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to harden.
Remove the sheet and break the bark candy with your hands or cut it into pieces.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Christmas OREO Bark Candy Recipe Notes and FAQ
I don’t want to use a microwave.
You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate if you don’t want to use a microwave. Wilton also makes a candy melt melting pot that you can use as another option.
I don’t have red and green M&Ms.
You can use any holiday candies or sprinkles if you don’t have M&Ms. This recipe is extremely flexible, and you can use anything you think will taste good with OREOs.
Can I make this for other holidays?
Yes, it’s extremely simple to switch up the ingredients to make this bark for any time of the year. Use Golden OREOs and pastel candies for Easter, Red Velvet and pink and red candies for Valentine’s Day — the options are endless, so get creative.
How do I store this bark candy?
Store the candy in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to a week or so.
Give this candy as homemade food gifts.
This is a good recipe to make food gifts. Stack the pieces and wrap them in nice twine or place them in holiday tins or cellophane for a cute gift idea.
- 24 ounces of meltable white chocolate, divided
- 25 Oreo cookies plus 5 more for topping
- ½ cup red and green M&M’s
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Break about 25 Oreos (more or less for your preference) into coarse pieces (I broke mine into quarters and thirds). Place them in a dish and set aside.
- Set aside 8 ounces of the melting chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Add the rest of the melting chocolate to a large, microwave-safe bowl and melt it in 30-second intervals in the microwave until smooth.
- Add the Oreo pieces to the large bowl of melted chocolate and stir gently to coat.
- Once the Oreos are coated, scoop the Oreo mixture onto the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Melt the rest of the 8 ounces of melting chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth. While the chocolate is in the microwave, break about 4-5 more Oreos into coarse pieces. These are for the topping.
- Pour about 7 of the 8 ounces of melted chocolate over the top of the Oreo mixture on the baking sheet. Spread it evenly to coat.
- Add the broken Oreo pieces on top of the bark. Sprinkle the M&M’s on, as well.
- Take the last ounce of melting chocolate and drizzle it over the tops of the Oreos and M&M’s.
- Set the baking tray in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden.
- Remove the baking tray and break with your hands or cut into pieces.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Bark Candy Recipes
More Holiday Desserts
Pin to share and save!
Please subscribe to the blog, so you don’t miss a recipe like this one.
Let me know if you try this Christmas crack recipe. I’d love to hear how you like it!