Chocolate bark recipes are an excellent option for DIY Valentine’s Day gifts. Instead of buying Valentine’s Day candy, easily make your own with a recipe like this one.
This homemade candy is easy to modify and tweak to your liking. You are literally just layering delicious ingredients on top of each other, so it’s very hard to mess up!
Strawberry Chocolate Crispy Bark Candy
As I have said in other posts, making bark candy is quite therapeutic. You get to swirl and layer tasty sweets and then break them all up into pieces. You basically have permission to make a magical mess!
The colors used in this candy are perfect for Valentine’s Day or Sweetest Day, but feel free to switch it up for other days of the year. In fact, the candy melts and sprinkles are totally optional. You can skip them all together and enjoy a strawberry chocolate crispy bark.
Valentine’s Crispy Strawberry Chocolate Bark Ingredients
(Exact measurements are in the recipe card below.)
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Dehydrated strawberries
- Sliced almonds
- Crispy rice cereal
- Red or pink candy melts
- Valentine’s sprinkles
Crispy Chocolate Bark Candy Directions
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Chop the dehydrated strawberries into small pieces.
Melt half of the chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute.
Stir and continue microwaving at 50% power for 30 second intervals until the chips have completely melted.
Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared pan.
Layer half of the strawberries, almonds, and crispy rice cereal on top.
Melt half of the white chocolate chips in the microwave the same way you did for the chocolate.
Pour the melted white chocolate in the pan.
Lightly swirl the ingredients together making sure to coat the strawberries, almonds, and cereal with the chocolate.
Don’t swirl too much or the chocolates will blend and you will lose the swirled look.
Add the second half of the strawberries, almonds, and cereal to the mixture.
Melt the rest of the chocolate chips and swirl onto the top, making sure to coat the other ingredients.
Melt the red or pink candy melts and swirl them onto the top of the bark.
Sprinkle the Valentine’s Day sprinkles on top of the bark.
Chill until set, approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour.
Break into pieces and serve.
You should get about 24 pieces.
Candy bark recipe notes and FAQ
How do you get the chocolate to look swirled?
Be careful not to mix the chocolate together. Use a knife to drag it gently so you get the swirled look.
Do I have to use candy melts and sprinkles?
No, the sprinkles and candy melts are optional in this recipe, but are a nice touch if you are making the candy for Valentine’s Day.
How should I store leftover bark candy?
Leftover chocolate bark should be stored in a cool, dry place and will last about 10 days.
Chop the strawberries.
Be sure to chop the strawberries into smaller pieces. The chocolate needs to fully coat the pieces to allow the bark to stay together well.
- 12 ounce bag Milk Chocolate Chips
- 12 ounce bag White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Dehydrated Strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1/4 cup Red or Pink Chocolate Melting Disks
- Valentine’s Sprinkles
- Line a 13×9 baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt half of the milk chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and repeat in 30 second intervals until all the chips have melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into the 13×9 pan and layer half of the strawberries, almonds, and crispy rice cereal on top.
- Melt half of the white chocolate chips in the microwave the same way as above and pour into the pan. Lightly swirl the ingredients together making sure to coat the strawberries, almonds, and cereal with the chocolate.
- Add the second half of the strawberries, almonds, and cereal to the mixture.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate chips and swirl onto the top, making sure to coat the other ingredients.
- Melt the red or pink candy melts and swirl onto the top of the bark. Sprinkle the bark with the Valentine's sprinkles.
- Chill until set, approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Makes about 24 pieces depending on the size you break them into.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More candy recipes to make
Pin to save!
If you like recipes like this, be sure to subscribe to the blog.
Tag me in your pictures if you make this crispy bark candy!