Mini cakes that we shall call fairy cakes make the perfect addition to our magical treats section.
Tiny foods are tons of fun. Not only do they give you that magical vibe, but mini treats and food on a stick are excellent for parties.
Since we posted a few other woodland fairy themed recipes, we thought fairy cakes were in order.
What do you do once you have 48 fairy cakes? Well, you throw a full-on proper tea party, that’s what!
How to Make Fairy Cakes
We used a box of cake mix to make the fairy cakes cause that’s how we roll here. Save time on the cake to spend on the decorating.
If you use the entire package of cake mix, you will end up with at least 48 fairy cakes. That’s a lot of little cakes, and that’s a lot of awesome.
Grab a box of your favorite cake mix, and everything needed to make it.
You’ll need a mini muffin tin to bake the tiny cakes.
Spoiler alert: Although these fairy cakes look fantastically magical, they are really just tiny cakes. Don’t over think it, and save your imagination for the decorating.
Feel free to use your favorite flavor of cake mix and frosting. Grab all the colors of the rainbow that you love and the most glorious of sprinkles for decorating.
What on Earth to do with 48 Mini Cakes
So you have all these tiny cakes. What ever do you do with them?
Some ideas include…
- Throw a birthday party and have a fairy cakes decorating table. All the guests can decorate their own little cakes.
- Serve at a baby shower as part of a woodland fairy theme. Think of the dessert table options with all those magical little cakes. If you’re doing a gender reveal, add the appropriate color to the middle of the cakes.
- Change the colors and decorations to fit any holiday, theme, or personal preference. Get creative.
- Host an epic tea party. That’s our favorite option and what we did here.
- Since there are so many cakes, add different chips, flavors, or add-ins to batches for a variety. One of the best things about mini foods is trying several flavors!
- Instead of tea, fill the tiny mugs with fairy flower moon milk.
Other Tea Party Treats
- Cereal cookies – Life Cereal with a dot of frosting and a heart candy on top.
- Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- Celebration Candy Pearls
- Mini everything – plates, cakes stands, silverware, tea set, etc.
If you’re looking for tea party activities, print out our free unicorn coloring sheets!
- Cereal Cookie Ingredients
- Life Cereal
- white frosting, from the cake decorating below
- small heart sprinkles
- Fairy Cake Ingredients
- 1 package cake mix, and ingredients to make cake (oil, water and eggs
- 1 tub white frosting
- small heart sprinkles
- rainbow nonpareils
- yellow candy melts
- pink food coloring
Cereal Cookie Directions
- Place a small dollop of frosting in the corner of a resealable plastic bag and seal. Snip a very tiny corner of the bag and pipe a small dot of frosting onto the cereal and place a heart candy on top of the cereal. Repeat until you have the desired number of fairy cookies.
- Mini Cakes Instructions
- To make mini cakes, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 (or 325 for a dark pan) and grease with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each cavity of a mini muffin tin with 1 Tablespoon of batter. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until done in the center.
- Place a small amount of frosting into a resealable bag and snip a small 1/8" corner off the bag with a pair of scissors.
- For each cake, use a bread knife to slice it in half. Place a dollop of frosting onto a small cupcake stand or small plate. Press the bottom of the cake into the dollop of frosting. Add frosting to the top of the cake and place the remaining piece of cake on top. Frost the cake by adding icing to the sides and then top. Use a small pan scraper to create a uniform layer of frosting.
- For Rainbow Cake: Decorate cake as desired, with rainbow nonpareils, covering the entire cake. Add a dollop of icing around the base of the cake and a swirl on top.
- For Pink Cake: Color about 1/2 cup of white frosting with pink food coloring. Place icing in a resealable plastic bag and pipe around the cake and add heart sprinkles.
- For White Cake: Add white icing to the cake and add a candy melt to the center, and pipe a white heart on the candy melt. Add candies to the cake to decorate it.
- To serve, slice a wedge and serve on plates.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Next make Fairy Cupcakes with Wings!
Do like to make mini desserts and foods?
Who do you know who would love a tea party with fairy cakes?