Monster rice krispie treats are an adorable dessert to make for Halloween. This no-bake creation takes only four ingredients and is a fun way for the whole family to get creative.
You can either make your favorite homemade recipe for Rice Krispies Treats, or save time and buy a box of pre-made. Either way, it’s a cute Halloween activity to do with your friends and family.
Monster Rice Krispie Treats for Halloween
Yum! I love a good crispy rice treat any time of year. My aunt makes a delicious recipe with Cocoa Krispies and peanut butter that I look forward to during family gatherings.
By decorating the snacks most of us know and love, we can easily have a Halloween goodie to share with others. Save this for a rainy October family night, or anytime you want a little extra excitement during spooky season!
Halloween Crispy Treats Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make these sweet snacks. The exact measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Box of Rice Krispies Treats, or use a homemade recipe and cut them into rectangles
- Candy melts
- Colored sprinkles
- Candy eyes
How to make Monster Rice Krispies
Unwrap the treats and lay them out on parchment paper or a plastic cutting board.
Pour your sprinkles into a wide bowl or onto a plate and place them in your prep area.
Melt the candy melts in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them for 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until the candies are completely melted and smooth.
Dip half of a krispie treat into the melted candy. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to smooth it out.
Before the candy sets, dip the top into the sprinkles or use a spoon to sprinkle some onto the treat.
Quickly add as many candy eyes as you wish to create your monster, and place the treat down on your parchment paper.
Make sure to do this while the candy is still wet, so the eyes stick well.
Repeat with the remaining treats and allow the monsters to set and cool before serving.
Monster Krispies Notes and FAQ
What’s the best way to serve the monster treats at a party?
Stick a straw into the bottom of the rice krispie treats to serve at a party.
Do I have to use Wilton candy melts?
This recipe calls for Wilton brand candy melts, but has also been tested with the Michael’s store brand and worked well.
Do I have to use the same colors?
No, choose whichever colors you wish to create your unique monsters! You can even create other creatures for different holidays. Try to make elves for Christmas, bunnies for Easter, cupids for Valentine’s Day — let your imagination run wild!
Do I have to use pre-made treats?
No, feel free to make your own crispy rice treats if you have a favorite recipe. You can also use cocoa krispies or mix the two. Again, get creative!
- Box of 16 individually wrapped pre-made Rice Krispies Treats, or use your favorite homemade recipe and cut into rectangular shapes
- 1 (12 oz) bag of candy melts (I used a variety for this recipe: Green, Orange, and Blue)
- Colored sprinkles
- Candy eyeballs in assorted sizes
- Unwrap the Rice Krispies Treats and lay out on parchment paper or plastic cutting board.
- Pour sprinkles onto a plate or wide bowl and set by your working space.
- Place candy melts into a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until the candy melts are melted smooth.
- Dip a Rice Krispies Treat halfway into the melted candy. Smooth out with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Before the melted candy sets on the Krispie Treat, dip the top into the sprinkles or use a spoon to place some sprinkles onto the treat.
- Add candy eyes as you wish to the front of the treat while the candy is still wet (it will set quickly) and place treat onto parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining treats. Let the monsters completely cool before serving.
To serve at a party, stick a straw into the bottom of the treats.
Wilton brand candy melts are used here, but Michael's store brand work well, too.
More Halloween Recipes:
Pin to save and share with friends!
Let me know what kind of monsters you create with your Halloween rice krispie treats!