The next time you crave a crunch, give these apple nachos a try. This dessert nacho recipe is an excellent way to use up apples the next time you go apple picking or need a tasty fall snack.
Caramel apple nachos are incredibly easy to make and you can substitute any of the toppings for your favorites instead. It’s a very forgiving recipe and a great chance to get creative.
How to make Sweet & Crunchy Apple Nachos
The first time I tried dessert nachos it was like a taste bud party. With the right recipe there’s a little bit of everything — tangy, tart, sweet, salty, and crunchy. Since this is a snack with apple slices, guests always get excited that it’s a light treat that won’t leave you feeling lethargic like many other party foods.
I’ve served this sweet treat on girls’ nights, date night, and movie nights and it’s always a winner. If you don’t want to drizzle on the toppings, you can also create an apple nacho bar. Line a table with red and green apple slices and a variety of toppings. People can have fun with a DIY mini nacho platter of their own.
If you find yourself with a plethora of apples due to apple picking or a hot sale at the store, be sure to give this recipe a try for a flavorful fall treat.
Apple Nachos Ingredients
Here is what you need to make this recipe. Exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Creamy peanut butter
- Shredded coconut
- Pumpkin seeds
Steps to make apple nachos
Wash your apples well and place them on a cutting board. Cut the apples into quarters and slice into very thin pieces.
Arrange the slices on a plate in a spiral pattern.
Combine 3 tablespoons of the miniature chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15-second intervals until the chocolate has melted, stirring after every 15 seconds. Set aside.
Microwave the peanut butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl for 20-30 seconds or until it is melted.
Drizzle the melted chocolate, melted peanut butter, and honey in a circular pattern over the apple slices.
Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and pumpkin seeds on top of the “nachos.”
Lightly dust the cinnamon over the apple nachos.
Dessert Nacho Notes and FAQ
Can I substitute the toppings?
You can absolutely substitute any of the toppings. This is a very flexible and forgiving recipe. Other tasty topping options include white chocolate chips, caramel drizzle, crushed candy bars like Heath, etc.
How can I keep the apples from browning?
Add a bit of lemon juice to the apple slices to help keep them from browning.
How to heat peanut butter.
Carefully heat your peanut butter while stirring often. Heat it until it is just melted and be careful not to burn it.
- 2 apples (I used a granny smith and a honey crisp for 1 green and 1 red)
- 5 tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup smooth (creamy) peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash apples and place them on a cutting board. Cut the apples into quarters and slice into very thin pieces. Arrange the pieces on a plate in a spiral pattern.
- Combine 3 tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15-second intervals until the chocolate has melted, stirring after every 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Microwave the peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl for 20-30 seconds or until it has melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate, melted peanut butter, and honey in a circular pattern over the nachos.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and pumpkin seeds on top of the slices.
- Lightly dust the cinnamon over the nachos.
- Feel free to substitute any of the toppings. Other options include: White chocolate chips, caramel drizzle, crushed candy bar pieces, etc.
- Add a bit of lemon juice to the slices to keep them from browning.
- Be careful not to burn the peanut butter while heating to melt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 5gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Recipes Using Apples:
Pin to save and share!
I’d love to hear how you like these apple nachos! Please tag me in your pics on social media.