These homemade apple cider donuts will help you welcome the fall season this year. Why should pumpkin have all the fun? Enjoy some baked apple cinnamon donuts made with real apple cider.
Fill your home with the delicious aroma of fall baked goods while you make the best apple cider donuts. Using simple ingredients, you’ll be on your way to delicious doughnuts to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or an anytime dessert.
Baked Apple Cider Donuts Recipe
Soon our favorite bakeries will be stocked with pumpkin and apple everything for fall. These irresistible goodies can often be easily made at home. Be sure to add this apple cider donuts recipe to your fall baking list. For the kids, make some galaxy donuts or unicorn donuts!
Autumn is my absolute favorite season. I think that has a lot to do with the treats! Once there’s a slight chill in the air and the weather is perfect to get cozy, I’m in heaven. I love to slip on the comfiest clothes and curl up with a cup of something warm, a tasty doughnut, and maybe even a fireplace. My happy place!
When I’m not in the mood for fall flavors, a good old chocolate filled donut is the way to go. There’s not much better than biting into a fluffy donut with a gooey chocolate filling. YUM!
Apple Cider Donuts Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. The exact measurements are in the recipe card below
- Apple cider
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Whole milk
Baked Apple Donuts Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a doughnut pan by greasing it with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small sauce pot, simmer the apple cider over medium-high heat until it’s reduced to a 1/2 cup. This takes about 10 minutes of active simmering. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar, and white sugar until well incorporated.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, milk, and cooled cider. Stir until combined. The batter will be thick.
Scoop or pipe the batter into the prepared
Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Turn the donuts onto a cooling rack.
While the doughnuts cool, mix the white sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
Dip each cooled donut into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Serve warm with chilled apple cider.
Apple Donut Recipe Notes and FAQ
What kind of
donut pan should I use?
A dark colored doughnut pan is used in this recipe. If you have a light colored pan, you may have to increase your oven 25 degrees.
How to store homemade donuts.
Keep your apple cider donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days. Zap them quickly in the microwave before eating for the best results.
What do these donuts taste like?
These baked doughnuts have a cake-like texture and a tasty apple cinnamon flavor.
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a doughnut pan by greasing with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, simmer the apple cider over medium-high heat until it is reduced to a ½ cup. This will take about 10 minutes of active simmering. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar, and white sugar until well incorporated.
- Add the egg, vanilla, milk, and cooled cider. Stir just until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop or pipe the batter into the prepared baking pan, filling each mold halfway full.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn out the doughnuts onto a cooling rack.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, mix the white sugar with cinnamon.
- Dip each cooled doughnut in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with chilled apple cider.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More apple dessert recipes
- Apple nachos
- Mini caramel apples
- Low-carb apple mug cake (on my mug cakes site)
- Apple cookies
- Apple cinnamon protein pancakes
Pin to save and share!
Be sure to subscribe to the blog for more recipes like this one!
Let me know if you try these apple cider donuts.