Pumpkin muffins with cranberry buttercream frosting. If they don't scream fall, I don't know what does. Here's a recipe to make all throughout the pumpkin season and into the holidays. This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins with Cranberry Buttercream Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted, but at room temperature, not hot
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Oil
- 1/4 Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
- 2/3 Cup Dark Chocolate, shards
- Muffin Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- With a baker's brush butter muffin pan.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add the pumpkin puree
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each one to be fully mixed before adding the last egg.
- Add the melted coconut oil, orange zest, pumpkin oil and orange juice.
- With the stand mixer set on low add the flour mixture, a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes.
- Check to see if muffins are done by inserting a toothpick in the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean muffins are ready.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool.
Cranberry Buttercream Recipe
- 1 Cup Cranberry Jelly
- 4 – 5 Cups of Powered Sugar
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Sweet Cream Butter Unsalted
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Flavoring
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- In a medium sauce pan heat cranberry jelly until completely melted, remove from heat and place sauce in the freezer to cool.
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment add butter, salt, and vanilla. Mix until peaks form.
- After cranberry jelly is cool add a little at a time into the butter mixture until it is all added.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. After each addition of sugar make sure it is fully incorporated into butter mixture.
- Begin adding whole milk a little at a time until you have the consistency you want.
We have many more pumpkin recipes for you to make, too!
Do you like pumpkin muffins?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.