Pumpkin pie squares are an excellent holiday dessert option for larger crowds.
Where a traditional pumpkin pie can serve about six people, this pumpkin slab is cut into at least twenty-four slices.
It’s up to you how you cut the servings of this pumpkin pie slab.
We make the best pumpkin squares every year, but the texture is more cake-like than this recipe.
Pumpkin Slab Pie Recipe for Bigger Parties
Our family is a big fan of pumpkin squares that my Aunt Linda makes every year.
Her recipe is more like a cake, though. With the cream cheese frosting, some people even think it tastes a little like carrot cake.
They are one of my all-time favorite desserts.
True pumpkin pie fans will most likely prefer this slab recipe.
I personally think the more pumpkin desserts, the better.
Break me off a little piece of all the treats, please.
If you host a large crowd for Thanksgiving or any holiday, this pie slab recipe is a good choice.
Since you can cut it into about 24 slices, it’s ideal for bigger parties.
Even though, we all love to take home leftovers, am I right?
The pretty little dollop of whipped cream in the photos is just for show.
Trust me; my slice will have a lot more whipped cream than that.
If it’s homemade whipped cream, triple down on that. 😉
Please let us know if you give this recipe a try.
Report back in the comments if you liked it!
- 1 package pie crusts, 2 crusts, thawed (if frozen) and room temperature
- 30 oz pumpkin puree, 2 cans
- 1 cup sugar, white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 24 tbsp whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place pie crusts into a 10 x 15 x 1 baking sheet. Use a knife to cut the excess pieces in the center and press together to make a rectangle. Press excess dough into a ball and shape to cover the center gaps. Fold the crust inward around the edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, and spices. Mix well. Stir in 4 eggs and half and half. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly over crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set and the crust browns. Let cool completely before cutting into 24 squares and topping with whipped cream before serving. Store refrigerated and covered.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Make:
If you’d rather purchase pies, see how much we love Edwards pies!
If you plan to host a big event this holiday season give this pumpkin pie squares recipe a try.
Be sure to come back and let us know how you like it!