Having a good protein pancake recipe in your arsenal is excellent whether you’re into fitness or not. I’ve said it before, and it’s worth saying again: starting the day with a well-balanced meal is good for everyone.
Pancakes typically fall into the indulgent category as more of a sweet treat. But, they can easily be transformed into a balanced meal. This is another recipe designed by my bodybuilder buddy from college.
Protein Pancake Recipe – Caramel Banana
For the full recipe instructions and list of ingredients, please scroll down to with widget below. But before I lose you, I’d like to point out that other proteins could easily be substituted. I prefer whey protein pancakes, but that’s just because that protein agrees with me the best. Soy, pea, hemp, or any other variety could also be really yummy.
In fact, I suggest getting a subscription to Jacked Pack and using the protein samples to tweak your
But, for now, we’ve been using vanilla whey protein unless otherwise stated.
Again, this is a great recipe to prepare in bulk and freeze for later. Simply double, triple, quadruple, or go as crazy as you want with your batter.
After making the pancakes, let them cool. Then, put a piece of parchment or wax paper between each one and store in freezer bags in your freezer. Reheat your pancakes in the microwave or toaster oven and they still taste fantastic.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, divided
- 1-2 teaspoons caramel extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar free caramel topping
- Place oats in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add coconut flour, yogurt, milk, half a banana, caramel extract, baking powder, egg whites, protein powder, and ground cinnamon. Process until mixed well, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Preheat a skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto hot griddle and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Slice remaining banana.
- Serve pancakes topped with sliced bananas and caramel topping.
Nutrition information listed here is for two pancakes. Use the "label" above to adjust serving size for larger or smaller portions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 9g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Have you tried this, or any other protein pancake recipe yet?
Try our other protein pancake recipes: