The smell of apples and cinnamon flood my mind with warm and happy memories of Nana’s house on the river. She had access to acres of apple trees and was always coming up with something scrumptious in her kitchen. When deciding on a new variation of our best tasting protein pancakes, I knew this familiar flavor combination would be a success.
While Nana wasn’t concerned with making a bodybuilding breakfast, she sure knew how to make darn good pancakes. I think even she’d approve of these luscious apple cinnamon protein pancakes.
While you’ll find these in our ‘breakfast’ category, they’re also a fine choice for any time of the day–especially as a pre- or post workout meal. When prepared with a good quality protein supplement, the final product will be good for your bodybuilding diet.
For this recipe, we used Gala apples, but experiment with your favorite apple varieties. I think something tart, like a Granny Smith, could be a fun flavor experience as well. When fall season arrives, you’ll find us in nearby orchards picking all sorts of apples to use in the kitchen. Have you tried Sweet Tango apples?! They’re SO delicious.
Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 apple peeled, cored and cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamonFor Topping:
- 2 slices apple peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 packet Stevia
- Topping Directions:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Apple juice will help to dissolve the Stevia.
- Mix before topping pancakes.
- Add oats to a food processor and process for 30 seconds until you have a fine powder.
- Add flour, protein powder, yogurt, egg, milk, apple, baking powder, Stevia, and cinnamon.
- Process for about 20 seconds until mixed well.
- Use a 3 tablespoon portion scoop to spoon batter onto a pre-heated, greased skillet.
- Heat 2-3 minutes per side. When finished, top pancakes with apple cinnamon topping.
Do you start your day with a bodybuilding breakfast?