Take breakfast to another level with this breakfast scramble recipe. Whether you’re looking to switch up your family’s Sunday breakfast or hosting overnight guests, this scramble is something you can make a large batch of to feed a big group. It has enough ingredients to stand on its own or serve with toast.
Around the holidays is when it’s good to have lots of breakfast recipes on hand if you plan to have guests.
This breakfast scramble recipe is easily modified to your liking. If someone doesn’t like any of the ingredients, feel free to omit or replace. Add in different flavors of cheese or veggies. The hash browns in the mix make this meal pretty filling, but toast and/or fruit is always a yummy side to offer.
Keep this recipe in mind all year round. Make a large amount if the kids have sleepovers, for brunch with friends, out of town family guests, or just because! No reason needed at all to try new morning fuel. Another recipe to consider if you’re having guests is overnight French toast in the slow cooker.
Breakfast Scramble Recipe
A hearty breakfast scramble great for the whole family.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, add sausage, onion, and garlic and heat until sausage is brown and onion is translucent.
- Add red pepper, potatoes, and oil and heat until red pepper is tender.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in spinach and 1 cup cheese.
- Heat until eggs are set, stirring occasionally to scramble eggs.
- The last minute or two, add remaining cheese to melt on top.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1000Total Fat: 81gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 425mgSodium: 1715mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 44g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Have you ever tried a breakfast scramble recipe? What do you like to add to yours?
Wednesday 10th of January 2018
This looks so good. I really love breakfast foods. This will definitely be one we will try.