If you love blueberry muffins, I encourage you to try these blueberry orange muffins. These blueberry muffins with orange juice are a flavorful treat to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or whenever you’d like.
The crunchy oat topping adds to the flavor and texture to create a baked good perfect for fall and winter weekends. Make them for holiday guests, events, or as a cozy snack for yourself and your family.
Blueberry Orange Muffins for Breakfast or Brunch
Is anyone else already looking forward to fall baking? As much as I don’t want to rush summer, I find myself craving the coziness of cool fall mornings. Curling up with a warm muffin and a cup of coffee on a chilly Sunday morning sounds a bit like heaven.
Not only are these blueberry orange juice muffins super tasty, but baking them fills your house with such a wonderful aroma. If you’re on the hunt for the best muffin recipe, I hope you give this one a try.
Orange Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. The exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
For the muffins:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Orange juice
- Canola oil
- Orange zest
- Fresh blueberries
For the topping:
- All-purpose flour
- Old fashioned oats
Blueberry Orange Juice Muffins Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
Create the orange zest and set aside.
Mix all the ingredients for the topping together with a fork until crumbly and set aside.
Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
Add the egg, orange juice, and canola oil to the mixture and mix well.
Fold in the orange zest and blueberries.
Fill each cup of your lined muffin tin 3/4 of the way full with batter.
Spoon the topping over each muffin top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the muffins have browned.
Let them cool before serving.
Blueberry Orange Muffin Recipe Notes and FAQ
What kind of oranges should I use for this recipe?
Cara Cara or Navel Oranges work well with this muffin recipe.
Do I have to squeeze my own orange juice?
Freshly squeeze OJ seems to taste best with this recipe, but you can also use bottled orange juice if desired.
How long will these muffins last?
Leftover muffins stored in a cool, dry place should last at least four days.
What supplies do I need to make this recipe?
You will need a muffin tin, cupcake liners, and a large mixing bowl to make this recipe.
Can I make these muffins ahead of time?
Yes! In fact, these muffins tend to taste even better the day after they are baked. Feel free to bake a batch the day before you need them.
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, (pulp optional)
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix all topping ingredients together with fork until crumbly and set aside.
- Combine dry muffin ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, orange juice and canola oil to mixture and mix well.
- Fold in orange zest and blueberries.
- In lined muffin tin, fill each cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Spoon topping over top of each muffin cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until tops have browned.
- Let cool.
- Cara Cara or Navel Oranges work well with this recipe.
- Bottled orange juice can be substituted for freshly squeezed if desired, although freshly squeezed seems to taste better.
- Muffins tend to taste better the day after they are baked.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More muffin recipes:
- Cinnamon roll muffins
- Pumpkin muffins with cranberry and chocolate chips
- French toast breakfast muffins
Pin to save and share!
Have you subscribed to the blog? Get recipes like this one and fun freebies when you do so!
Let me know if you try these orange blueberry muffins.