Cinnamon roll muffins are next up on our quest to create swirly goodies. These muffins are so good that the glaze topping is totally optional. The swirl icing makes them prettier and gives us that cinnamon roll appearance we are going for, but feel free to leave it off as well.
Scrumptious and Visually-Appealing Cinnamon Roll Muffins
The year is quickly coming to an end, but winter is not. We will still crave comforting goodies like muffins for another few months. Who am I kidding? We love muffins all year in this house. A cinnamon muffin is one of my ultimate favorite mid-afternoon snacks.
While typically a breakfast food, I like muffins with my afternoon coffee. Nothing hurdles me over the 3 pm slump like a delicious muffin and hot cup of coffee.
Muffins are also a great option to serve at a brunch or an afternoon gathering. Be sure to increase the recipe to serve more because people just gobble them up at a party.
Possible add-ins to these muffins are apples, pecans, cinnamon chips, or whatever your favorite mix-ins may be. Let us know if you add something delicious.
More Cinnamon Roll Inspired Goodies:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar , plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon with 2 tablespoons white sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a larger mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup white sugar, milk, egg and oil. Mix well. Stir in flour mixture. Use a 2 tablespoon portion scoop to scoop 2 tablespoons of batter into 6 muffin tins. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture. Top with an additional 2 tablespoons batter and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool completely and remove from pan (slide a knife around the edge of the muffin and pop it out). Shake excess sugar off of the top of the muffin.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and half and half. Mix well. Place into the corner of a sealable sandwich bag and snip a small hole in the corner tip. Swirl on each of the muffins.
Serving Size:6 muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 208mg Carbohydrates: 47g Sugar: 30g Protein: 3g
Share this recipe with your cinnamon-roll-loving friends and family. Be sure to subscribe to the blog for more recipes like this one.
If you try these cinnamon roll muffins, please come back and let us know in the comments below!