What’s better than unicorn poop cookies? Well, a whole hoard of unicorn poop shortbread bites. Piles and piles of rainbow shortbread cookies for hilarious little party treats.
These colorful and delicious cookies are perfect for all the happy celebrations. They are also a great option for general baking fun. Rolling the dough into 100 mini cookies is a great way to get the whole family involved.
Mini Unicorn Poop Shortbread Bites
As a lover of all things sweet and petite, I’ve always had a soft spot for shortbread cookies. There’s just something about their buttery flavor and bite-sized shape that I can’t resist.
That’s why I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with different ways to make magical variations of shortbread bites. Adding to the fairy shortbread bites, mermaid shortbread bites, and mini galaxy space cookies, we now have these unicorn poop mini cookies.
Reasons to Love Unicorn Poop Bites
- Fun and funny: Kids crack up with poop desserts. They are sure to appreciate and remember these cookies.
- Easy: This recipe is relatively easy to make, but it is tim- consuming. Just take it step by step and give yourself a nice block of time to make the cookies.
- Customizable: You can easily switch out the colors for different themes.
- Delicious: Don’t let the name fool you, these rainbow poop bites are scrumptious!
Unicorn Poop Shortbread Cookies Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this funny cookie recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Butter, cold and cut into chunks
- Rose, lemon yellow, and sky blue color gels
Rainbow Poop Bites Directions
Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar and mix well.
Add the butter chunks and use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture is crumbly.
Add water to the mixture and use a spoon to bring the dough together. Then, remove the dough from the bowl and knead it a few times until it becomes smooth.
Divide the dough into three equal portions and place each portion into separate bowls. Use rose, lemon yellow, and sky blue color gels to color each bowl of dough a different color.
Use a spoon to scoop out a small amount of dough, about 3/4″-1″ in length, for each color. Divide that small dollop of dough in half and combine one dough of each of the three colors. The size of the three colors of dough should be that of a marble.
Roll the dough into a snake shape about 3-1/2″ in length. Coil up the snake into a poop shape and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
Note that the dough may be a little sticky, but that’s okay. You want it to stick to itself when you roll it up and bake it. If you feel like you need flour, use it sparingly as it will prevent the colors from sticking together.
Bake the bites for 12-14 minutes or until the bottoms just begin to brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before serving.
This recipe makes about 100 teeny tiny cookies. Enjoy!
Ways to Serve
There are a lot of fun and creative ways to serve these unicorn shortbread bites. It depends on your event, but here are some suggestions:
Unicorn party: If you are throwing a unicorn party, these bites are great for goody bags or the dessert table. Include other unicorn desserts like unicorn cupcakes, unicorn party mix, unicorn poop fudge, and unicorn fudge.
Kitchen Tools Needed
Pretty basic baking utensils are needed to make this recipe. The only thing that’s probably a little less frequently used is a pastry blender.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Pastry blender
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Wire rack
Store these unicorn shortbread cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to two months.
Recipe Notes and FAQ
- Shaping the dough into the “poop” shape can be time-consuming, so be prepared for that. Consider recruiting some helping hands to speed up the process.
- Wait until the baking tray is nearly full of cookies before preheating the oven.
Can I make these shortbread bites in advance?
Yes. You can make the dough ahead of time and chill it in the fridge until you are ready to bake. You can also bake the shortbread bites ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Can I freeze these shortbread bites?
Yes. You can freeze the unbaked shortbread bites by placing them on a baking sheet in the freezer until they are firm, and then transferring them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When you’re ready to bake them, simply place them on a baking sheet and bake as directed, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Can I use different colors for the mini shortbread cookies?
Absolutely. You can use any color combination you like by simply swapping out the color gels used in the recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick, 1/2 cup, butter, cold and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons water
- rose, lemon yellow, and sky blue color gels
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add butter and use a pastry blender to cut butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture is crumbly. Add water for dough to come together with a spoon. Remove from the bowl with your hands and knead a few times until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough into three equal portions and place into separate bowls. Color each bowl a different color (yellow, pink, blue).
- Use a spoon to scoop out a small amount of dough, about 3/4"-1" in length for each color. Divide that small dollop in half and combine one dough of each of the three colors. The size of the 3 colors of dough is that of a marble. Roll the dough into a snake shape about 3-1/2" in length. Coil up the snake into a poop shape and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Dough will be a little sticky and that's okay. You want it to sick to itself when you roll it up and bake it. If you feel like you need flour, please use sparingly as it will prevent the colors from sticking together.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the bottoms just begin to brown. Remove from oven and let stand to cool completely until ready to serve.
- Makes about 100 teeny tiny cookies.
- These cookies are time-consuming to shape into poop shapes. Consider enlisting some helping hands to speed up the process.
- Do not preheat your oven until your baking tray is nearly full of cookies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
These Fun Cookies Should be Next
For more shortbread mini magic, be sure to try these galaxy shortbread bites. Stained-glass cookies are always impressive and easier to make than they look. If you’re short on time and have an air fryer, whip up some air fryer chocolate chip cookies in minutes.
Pin this image to your party board to save and share!
I hope you find these unicorn poop shortbread cookies as fun as I did! If you like cute recipes like this, be sure to subscribe to the blog. You’ll even get some printable unicorn coloring sheets to color while you snack on the cookies.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your unicorn loving friends and family. And please tag me in any pics if you make them!