Every occasion with a theme deserves a corresponding delicious treat. This unicorn party snack mix recipe is a wonderful success for any type of magical gathering.
It’s sweet, with a little bit of salty crunch, and looks fantastic in pretty paper cups.
Unicorn Horn Party Snack Mix Recipe
This snack mix is fairly easy to make and can be prepared in advance. Get the kiddos involved as they love to help–especially with the drizzling.
If the cashews are an issue, you can omit or replace them with different nuts, peanuts, or seeds like shelled
The sprinkles used here are the same as what we used in the magical unicorn bark. We found them at Meijer, but there are plenty of other options available if you can’t find them at your local grocer.
This recipe uses Celebration by Frey Candy Pearls, but in all honesty, I think the Celebration by Frey Sixlets would add better flavor to the mix.
If you’re running short on time, just the candy-coated bugles as unicorn horns make a fun and yummy snack.
More Recipes for a Unicorn Party
- Unicorn cracker snacks
- Unicorn donut holes
- Unicorn cookie cups
- Unicorn face cupcakes
- Rainbow unicorn fudge
- 1 cup Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 3 cups Original Bugles
- 1 cup candy melts, white
- 25 pieces candy melts, lavender
- 25 pieces candy melts, hot pink
- 25 pieces candy melts, turquoise
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, colored
- 1.75 oz candy pearls
- 1 tbsp Unicorn Sprinkles
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread cereal, pretzels, and nuts on the cookie sheets in a single layer.
- Place the lavender, hot pink, and turquoise candy melts into separate resealable sandwich bags and do NOT seal shut.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power.
- Knead gently with fingers and continue to heat in 30-second intervals, at 50% power, until completely melted.
- Seal the bags and snip the tips. Drizzle onto baking sheet with cereal, pretzels, and nuts. Set aside to set.
- Place Bugles into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat white candy melts in a separate bowl at 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir well and continue to heat in 20-second increments at 50% power until completely melted.
- Pour onto Bugles and mix well to evenly coat.
- Spread onto baking sheet and sprinkle with sprinkles. Let set to harden.
- Break apart the mixture of cereal, pretzels, and cashews.
- Mix together unicorn horns and cereal mixture. Stir in marshmallows and serve in decorative paper cups.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Total yield: approximately 8 cups
Serving size: 1/2 cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 person
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Finding the right paper cups makes a big difference. You can even wrap filled cups with clear plastic wrap and give this unicorn party snack mix as gifts for showers, weddings, and parties.
Speaking of froyo, this snack mix makes a great topping. Consider adding it to your next sundae bar!
Subscribe to the blog below for free printable unicorn coloring sheets you can color while you snack!
Share this unicorn horn snack mix recipe with all your magical friends!