Here’s a great lavender lemon cookie recipe for you. Who doesn’t love cookies …childhood memories of warm, fresh-baked cookies always brings a smile to my face. And although I’ve never met a cookie that I didn’t like, sugar cookies hold a special place in my cookie lovin’ heart, but sometimes I like to have the option of serving a more “grown up ” cookie, and if that cookie happens to be a sugar cookie, then all the better!
Lavender Lemon Sugar Cookies
In the mood for a more sophisticated cookie?
If you have ever craved a cookie that is a bit more sophisticated, with elegant flavors like lavender and lemon, then this is the perfect cookie recipe for you! Lavender Lemon Sugar cookies put a great spin on a well loved favorite.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup sugar
2 – sticks butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 – large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup canola oil **
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
3 – tbsp dried lavender flowers (sold in health food stores by the oz.)
1 – tbsp fresh lemon juice (can use more for more zip!)
zest of 1 lemon (aprox. 2-3 tbsp)
Pre-heat over to 350
**(in the photo you see that I used Grapeseed oil, I do not recommend this as it gives it an “off” taste, use canola) 🙂
1/4 cup coarse sugar (sugar in the raw or colored sugar crystals)
1-2 tbsp lavender flowers
In one bowl, cream together butter, sugar, powdered sugar and oil, then mix in egg and vanilla. In the second bowl mix together baking soda, cream of tartar, flour and lavender flowers. Next, slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet until well blended. Chill for 1 hour. Pre-heat oven to 350.
Remove chilled dough from fridge and spoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet in 1 to 2 inch mounds, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for approx. 10 mins, until desired golden color is reached. (less time for softer cookies, more for crisp)
While cookies are baking, mix together sugar and lavender for topping.
Remove cookies from oven and sprinkle sugar, lavender mix onto warm cookies.
Serve warm with a tall glass of homemade lemonade or cooled with your favorite cup of tea!
These are truly lovely, delicious cookies that you will be proud to serve company and your loved ones.
More Cookie Recipes to Try:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp lavender flowers, dried, sold in health food stores by the oz.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh, can use more for more zip!
- 3 tbsp lemon zest, zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar, sugar in the raw or colored sugar crystals
- 3 tbsp lavender flowers
- In one bowl, cream together butter, sugar, powdered sugar and oil, then mix in egg and vanilla.
- In the second bowl mix together baking soda, cream of tartar, flour and lavender flowers.
- Next, slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet until well blended.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- While cookies are baking, mix together sugar and lavender for topping.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and sprinkle sugar, lavender mix onto warm cookies.
- Serve warm or cooled, enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.