My mother-in-law gave me a cookie recipe for Smoosh Cookies. She suggested that it would be great for my nieces and nephews. Once I saw the ingredients, I decided it would be great for Mike and I. 😉
Seeing how easy Smoosh Cookies are to make sealed the deal. All it is is two packages of cookie dough and a cream cheese mixture. Here is what you need.
Smoosh Cookies Cookie Recipe
- 2 packages – Chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 ounces – Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 2 – Eggs
- 2 tsp – Vanilla
- Take one package of cookie dough and smoosh it into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. You may want to grease the pan. I didn’t, and some stuck.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla well. Pour the mixture on top of cookie dough.
- Take the second package of cookie dough and cut it into 24 pieces. It’s easiest to cut when it’s cold, so don’t leave it sit out.
- Place pieces on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
The result is a very sweet, almost brownie-like cookie. This is the first cookie I have not liked warm. I was disappointed when I tried one that was still hot. Later, once they had completely cooled, I tried again and loved them. They are super sweet, but totally scrumptious.
I will definitely make this cookie recipe again. It was so simple, and most of these ingredients are easy to keep on hand. I agree that it is a fun recipe for kids. They can smoosh it in the pan and have fun with that. I want to experiment with other cookie dough flavor combinations, too.
Have you ever heard of Smoosh Cookies? Do you think you would like this cookie recipe?