Cinnamon roll cookies are as delicious as you can probably imagine. However, my favorite part of these cookies is the visually appealing icing swirl.
Since our first cinnamon roll inspired recipe, we want to swirl all the things. The goal is to recreate the cinnamon roll flavor and appearance in as many treats as possible.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies with Icing Swirl
Whether you are on the lookout for creative Christmas cookies, sweet birthday treats, or a surprise to brighten up someone’s day, add these cinnamon roll cookies to your roster.
The cookies are chewy but not too soft and sure to please the sweet tooth of any cinnamon roll fan.
Rolled in a dusting of cinnamon sugar and topped with icing, there are a lot of textures and flavors that make these cookies an instant favorite.
No need to wait for a holiday or special occasion to make these cookies, cinnamon rolls are in style all throughout the year.
And, don’t worry, we remain on our quest to create swirled goodies. More irresistible baked goods are on the way.
More cinnamon-y recipes to try next:
- Easy snickerdoodle recipe
- Cinnamon roll mug cake
- Cinnamon roll French toast
- Cinnamon roll oatmeal
- Cinnamon roll smoothie bowl
- Cinnamon roll muffins
More cookie recipes to make:
- Unicorn poop cookies
- Chocolate chip strawberry cheesecake cookies
- Chocolate pretzel cookies
- Air fryer cookies
- Brownie mix cookies
- 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup, butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping Before Baking
- 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat well until combined.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix well and combine with egg, butter and sugar mixture. Beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking pan with parchment paper (or grease pan with nonstick cooking spray and omit parchment paper.)
- In a small bowl, add sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Using a tablespoon portion scoop, to scoop dough and roll in your hands to create a ball. Dip into cinnamon sugar mixture and coat well until placing on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- To frost cookies, mix powdered sugar and half and half in a small bowl. Place into a sealable sandwich bag and cut a small tip in the corner of the bag. Pipe a swirl onto each cookie. Let set for icing to dry and harden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Know someone who loves all things cinnamon roll? Share this recipe with them!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog for more delicious recipes like this one.
Please let us know if you make the cookies and tag us in your pics!
Will you make cinnamon roll cookies?