A cookie cake in a skillet just looks extra delicious, doesn’t it? It reminds me of a dessert at a restaurant when they bring it out piping hot with a scoop of ice cream on top. This cookie cake recipe has a Cool Whip topping that is just as delicious.
Chocolate Cookie Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. Spread in the bottom of your cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a mixer combine cream cheese, Cool Whip, pudding and sugar. Blend until well combined.
- Spread on top of your cookie. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
This cookie cake recipe is a lot easier than it looks. It’s great for the upcoming holiday season. You can add the skillet to the dinner table and serve it like a cake. Switch up the ingredients and try it with all sorts of flavor combinations. It’s sure to impress your guests.
What would be your favorite type of cookie cake?