Accused of making boring chicken dinners? I was. It’s time to awaken the accusers’ taste buds with a ginger chicken recipe.
This skillet dinner is packed with veggies and rice to make chicken exciting again. The tasty dinner is well-balanced, nutritious, and perfect throughout the year.
Ginger Chicken and Rice in a Skillet
Do you have the teeniest grater and just itching to try it out? Now is your chance. Use the world’s smallest grater (not verified, but come on – it has to be the smallest) to grate the fresh ginger.
Ginger has many health benefits and packs a flavor punch.
As for the rice, cook it however you normally do. You can prepare your own brown rice which takes 35-40 minutes, use leftover rice, or buy a box of instant.
We are on a mission to eat more colorful meals. I find that mixing the veggies into the dinner has better results than serving them on the side.
Veggie-rebels are less likely to pick out mixed-in vegetables as they are to avoid that section of the plate completely.
Don’t let the number of ingredients deter you. Once you have everything ready to go, it’s as simple as mixing into the skillet. Dinner is done in a jiffy.
You’ll feel fantastic about serving this dish to your family, and they will reevaluate their feelings about “boring” chicken. 😉
For a fun way to get more veggies into your family’s diet, try these unicorn stuffed mushrooms.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh grated
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
- In a large skillet, add oil, chicken, garlic, ginger, and red onions.
- Heat until chicken is browned and onions are limp.
- Add cabbage, carrots, red pepper, broccoli, chili powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add water and heat covered, on medium high for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Longer if you want softer vegetables. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in rice and heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Recipe ideas for chicken dinner:
- Simple chicken pasta recipe – also in a skillet
- Spinach lasagna with chicken and broccoli
- Slow cooker chicken parmesan
- Keto chicken breast with spinach
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Marry me chicken
Pin this image to your dinner board to save and share!
Do you think your family would like this ginger chicken recipe?